This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy it, Rent it, or F*** it: Far Cry 3

#21CyricsServantPosted 12/14/2012 6:01:13 AM
tisuko posted...
Is the island easy to navigate? Is there some sort of fast travel system?

Yes and Yes.

When you take an outpost. You can fast travel to it at anytime. Island is very easy to navigate. Set a way point, and travel towards it.

Awesome, thank you.

My biggest problem with open/sandbox worlds is traveling through them. I just got finished playing Mafia 2 and it was a huge pain in the ass having to drive from one end of the map to the other in every. single. ****ing. mission.

Definitely picking this game up.
#22horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 12:49:51 PM
CyricsServant posted...
Is the island easy to navigate? Is there some sort of fast travel system?

Definitely. There are a couple of mountains that are annoying, but nothing as frustrating as some of the **** in Skyrim. <_<

The fast-travel system is awesome. You can fast-travel from anywhere, which is great. There are points in the story where a main quest is like 20 minutes run away, but the game lets you fast-travel there anyway in case you just want to tackle the main quest missions.

You can really play this game however you want, which makes it great.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#23Surv1valismPosted 12/14/2012 12:56:57 PM
Absolutely rent, Amazing but once you finish and get all the outposts, towers etc...there is literally nothing to do. And im sure someone will pop out the map editor garbage.but come on, who wants to make maps you cant even use online.....
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#24tisukoPosted 12/14/2012 1:15:18 PM
map editor garbage.but come on, who wants to make maps you cant even use online.....

What are you talking about? You can use your created maps online.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#25horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 3:04:30 PM
"Once you complete the game, there is nothing to do!"

People are silly.
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#26Surv1valismPosted 12/15/2012 3:53:08 PM
Yeah, silly people telling the truth and what not.
---
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#27XtremeWRATH360Posted 12/15/2012 4:08:55 PM
Surv1valism posted...
Absolutely rent, Amazing but once you finish and get all the outposts, towers etc...there is literally nothing to do. And im sure someone will pop out the map editor garbage.but come on, who wants to make maps you cant even use online.....

Clearly you never even checked the Map Editor, its for ONLINE and OFFLINE so you can do MP and SP maps. No idea how you can consider a game that offers so much just a rental and if that's the case how much replay value does a purchase worthy game offer?
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#28horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 8:33:23 PM
Surv1valism posted...
Yeah, silly people telling the truth and what not.

But what you're saying is obvious.

Obviously when you're done with a game, then there's nothing else to do.

It doesn't need to be said.
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#29all_that_juicePosted 12/15/2012 8:39:22 PM
Buy it... when it's $20.
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#30Surv1valismPosted 12/16/2012 11:50:56 AM
Even still, map editor for a very underwhelming multiplayer, I love how everyone is acting as though i say the game sucks. it was amazing while it lasting. but if you are not into the multiplayer (and nobody i personally know is) After you finish the story and the side stuff. there is no point (imo) to keep it and therefor not worth buying at $60
---