This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the stupidest gaming- related thing you or one of your pals have said/did?

#11FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:06:01 PM
Flow_149 posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

mine is that,a couple of years ago, one of my friends who was recently getting into hardcore gaming believed that the term "fps" means any game that is played in first person. So,he wrote on a fourm that Fallout 3 and oblivion are fps games >_>. What is weirder is that no one on the fourm mocked him. They instead tried to polietly explain the difference <_<.

How dare he confuse Fallout 3 CLEARLY A FPSRPG for an ordinary fps. What...a...scrub. I'm surprised that you even still speak to that ingrate.

i think you missed the "oblivion" part >_>.and i explaiend why he thought so.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#12squarex8264Posted 12/13/2012 9:14:23 PM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

Why do people write this? Does it really matter that you wrote a topic that is 80 characters long? And does yours really count, since you have an extra space in there padding it? I've been really confused about the whole thing... :)
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#13Gwildor123Posted 12/13/2012 9:16:08 PM
They want to cool, computer geeky hacker power people. LOOK AT ME 80/80
LOOK AT ME.

EFF THEM ALL
---
This is Gwildor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKGCpeKlQQM
#14FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:40:11 PM
squarex8264 posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

Why do people write this? Does it really matter that you wrote a topic that is 80 characters long? And does yours really count, since you have an extra space in there padding it? I've been really confused about the whole thing... :)

no reason really. Just to say that you have stretched the title to its limits :)
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#15WinternovaPosted 12/13/2012 9:46:29 PM
In college (back in 1991) a friend of mine borrowed his roommate's GameBoy. We were walking on campus and it fell out of his pocket as we crossed a street. A car hit the GameBoy at an angle near the bottom, tiddly-winked it into the air, and it came crashing down on the asphalt.

It still worked with no issues apart from a deep black mark where the tire struck it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#16SoincMetalPosted 12/13/2012 9:46:49 PM
Maybe a long time ago when me and all my friends said sonic and mario would never be in the same game.....ever.......now they have like 8+
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#17blackhrtPosted 12/13/2012 10:05:14 PM
Getting online with the Playstation 3, Wii & Xbox 360, then remembering how tainted the online play was like when I played Quake 3 arena years before. Man was I stupid to think the online community would be different.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#18DCarnagePosted 12/13/2012 11:52:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19josh924Posted 12/14/2012 12:17:10 AM(edited)
A few months ago,I was at a Best Buy with my brother browsing the games section when I saw Max Payne 3 for $19.99. I looked at it and I was like "Wow...Max Payne 3 for $20" because I didn't know it was a sale price. Anyways, my brother then said "Its a s***ty game, anyways", to which I said "Says the guy who never played it". His response was "Hey, I'm just going by reviews".

A few days later, I looked up the reviews to see if it really was a poorly received game, but the Metacritic score was almost 90 and a lot of the critic scores were 85 and above, so I'm not sure what reviews he was looking at. Regardless of review scores, he should really try games out for himself rather than let review scores dictate what games he should play.

Edit: He should also not judge a game based on its price, especially if its a game he's actually heard of.
---
When the trolls say "jump", the mods ask "how high?".
#20majinbuu58Posted 12/14/2012 1:51:13 AM
Thought buying a kinect was a good idea. Messed with it for an afternoon, used it to navigate the dashboard for a week, haven't touched it since.

Also, playing two worlds.