This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the stupidest gaming- related thing you or one of your pals have said/did?

#31pothocketPosted 12/14/2012 5:21:58 AM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

mine is that,a couple of years ago, one of my friends who was recently getting into hardcore gaming believed that the term "fps" means any game that is played in first person. So,he wrote on a fourm that Fallout 3 and oblivion are fps games >_>. What is weirder is that no one on the fourm mocked him. They instead tried to polietly explain the difference <_<.

So the dumbest thing you've ever seen is a friend make an innocent and minor mistake and post it on the nicest forum around?

For me it was buying a PSP. I thought the Metal Gear card combat games were cool but that was about it.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#32L0ZPosted 12/14/2012 5:22:08 AM
Fallout CAN be played as an FPS with rpg elements.
Elder Scrolls too if you are into archery.

Hell even Pokemon Snap is classified as FPS because you point and shoot a camera.
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#33Gh0st_F4c3Posted 12/14/2012 5:55:49 AM
Accidentally deleting a 100% save game in a GTA game

Accidentally deleting a 200HR+ save game in Oblivion

FML. I guess all you can do is laugh..... or think about how much time and effort you have just lost for the next couple of weeks.
#34SunDevil77Posted 12/14/2012 6:12:48 AM
Perfect Light posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
My old roommate got Skyrim, Borderlands 2, and GTA 4, and Red Dead Redemption from his brother for his birthday and traded them in without even opening them/trying them for a copy of Medal of Honor Warfighter and a used copy of FIFA 12 (so, no online pass)

Ow, that hurt me physically. Three of the best games this gen and one great one for one of the worst games ever.

Yup...the kid was a moron :(

We were in gamestop and I bought Deadly Premonition and was waiting outside for him and he came out with that garbage and I looked at him and was like "Where the hell are your games?" His reply: "This Medal of Honor game is way better than that sword and magic crap!"
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#35FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:16:07 AM
sonyfanboy992 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
My old roommate got Skyrim, Borderlands 2, and GTA 4, and Red Dead Redemption from his brother for his birthday and traded them in without even opening them/trying them for a copy of Medal of Honor Warfighter and a used copy of FIFA 12 (so, no online pass)

EA and it's marketing powerhouse...

more like his friend being the definition of casual >_>.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#36StinkySkunkGirlPosted 12/14/2012 6:31:55 AM
The stupidest gaming-related thing one of my pals has said was "GameFAQs isn't terrible!".

Actually, come to think of it, that might not just be the stupidest gaming-related thing I've ever heard. It might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard, period.
---
If you like the way I smell, just stand behind me!
#37JKSonicPosted 12/14/2012 6:46:40 AM
I have to point out... 80/80 is for when you run out of space in your title. You clearly didn't run out of space you completed it just fine...sorry just had to.

ANYWAY, I have a few things but not sure if they fit specifically under the title...

- My friend and I were at the Gamestop in our mall picking up a co-op game to play that day and Metal Gear Solid 2 had just come out. The clerks were glowing over it and my friend mentioned how you could basically get into a locker with a picture of a girl in a bikini and then make it seem like Snake was masturbating. The clerks both looked at us like we were morons and didn't believe us at all. So it was more just very awkward than "stupid" since they just though we were being immature perverts.

- SEVERAL times I have had either family members or friends that have not had their XBox's set up correctly. Now in most cases they have just not had the HD set up correctly but at least they had the aspect ratio set. But recently I was dropping my kids off at a friend's house for a few hours (he has a kid too, whom which was down for a nap and why he was playing his XBox) and he was playing Borderlands 2 when I walked in. I noticed IMMEDIATELY that not only was HD not activated but it was in the wrong aspect ratio as well. He plays games quite a bit so I couldn't even bring myself to say anything, lol...I had to wonder does he always play'em like that or was it something where it was just temporarily connected weird or...

- This isn't a friend, but when we first moved to this area while I was in high school we rented houses a lot before we bought one. For a while I was stuck at a bus stop with this kid in my grade that I didn't know at all but as we talked it seemed like we had something in common...video games. Well turns out he was a pathological liar because even back then I was extremely knowledgeable about the gaming community and he was trying to pass all kinds of BS by me.

I won't get into every claim he made, but the biggest was that not only did he already have a Nintendo 64, but he had been in possession of one for several months. Now, this was several months before it was even coming out, so according to him he had one for about 7 months before it launched.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#38Afro_BucketPosted 12/14/2012 6:52:39 AM
It mustve been somethin in his water but a friend of mine actually liked ME3 endings......... before the extended cut.
---
My name is Warden Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store in Lothering.
#39AssassinDXPosted 12/14/2012 7:07:44 AM
For me, buying a Kinect on launch.

As for friends, I have one like JKSonic who is quite simply a pathological liar, he once claimed he could mod any PS1 for cheap and broke his console trying to do it. He also claims to have "inside knowledge" on the development on the PS4, in fact that's something he's said about a lot of consoles over the past decade or so. He's like that with regards to lots of things, always having a friend or family member with "inside knowledge" on pretty much everything and spouting nonsense for hours on end.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X
NAMI-SWAAAAAN!!!
#40DakhanavarXPosted 12/14/2012 7:24:49 AM
I've heard plenty, but the one that immediately came to mind is when my ex-roommate was complaining about Skyrim and said it had "Halo-inspired health regen". Because having a shield that fully replenishes in, what, 7 seconds or so during combat is the same as health regenerating at 0.49% per second in a fight.

Might as well say the jumping is Mario-inspired while you're at it. Then again, he said it just seemed like a Fallout 3 mod so...yeah.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library