This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the stupidest gaming- related thing you or one of your pals have said/did?

#51FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:19:57 AM
nothingbeast posted...
The dumbest thing I ever heard about a game came from a stranger.

I was playing Guitar Hero at a demo kiosk several years ago and two kids approached me to watch. After a few seconds one of them said:

"I like this game, but it needs more Tupac"

I immediately stopped playing, turned around and just glared at the kid.

Thankfully it was a stranger, because if it was a friend it probably would have been the end of that friendship.

umm...what is "tupac" >_>?
*doesnt like guitar games*
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#52EliteGuard99Posted 12/14/2012 9:32:17 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
My old roommate got Skyrim, Borderlands 2, and GTA 4, and Red Dead Redemption from his brother for his birthday and traded them in without even opening them/trying them for a copy of Medal of Honor Warfighter and a used copy of FIFA 12 (so, no online pass)

that poor, poor man (we agree yet again!).

Anyway, a few weeks after ME3 came out and me and all my friends beat it, one of them called me up and said "dude I saw this idea on the Bioware forums that the ending was all just a dream!" : /
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#53SunDevil77Posted 12/14/2012 9:34:41 AM
See, elite, we won't always be locked in battle
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#54DakhanavarXPosted 12/14/2012 9:35:22 AM
Zohar_Metatron posted...

He's also one of those guys who'll complain to no end about a game and how bad it is while still playing it ("Arkham City didn't do it for me," he'll say after I watch him logged into Steam clocking in 40 hours of AC playtime int he span of a week), and will parrot lines from Jim Sterling reviews as the general popular opinion he's heard.

Sounds quite a bit like my old roommate. I remember he complained a bunch of times about Fallout 3 but he also said he beat it twice. I don't even play games I don't like all the way through once, but maybe that's just me.

He use to quote Razorfist though, not Jim. (Or some other slightly popular Youtube person so that he could repeat it and try to pass it off as his own thoughts)
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#55Afrotastic_JPosted 12/14/2012 9:42:44 AM
Got into a debate with a bunch of friends who said Modern Warfare 3 was the greatest game of all time.
---
"I... am... KROGAN!" -- Urdnot Grunt
#56FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 11:07:58 AM
pothocket posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

mine is that,a couple of years ago, one of my friends who was recently getting into hardcore gaming believed that the term "fps" means any game that is played in first person. So,he wrote on a fourm that Fallout 3 and oblivion are fps games >_>. What is weirder is that no one on the fourm mocked him. They instead tried to polietly explain the difference <_<.

So the dumbest thing you've ever seen is a friend make an innocent and minor mistake and post it on the nicest forum around?

nicest forum around?! I think you will be shocked to know what fourm that was >_>.
It was...

Get ready for it...

the ps3 board on Gamefaqs >_>.
---
#57bluehat94Posted 12/14/2012 11:37:33 AM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
pothocket posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

mine is that,a couple of years ago, one of my friends who was recently getting into hardcore gaming believed that the term "fps" means any game that is played in first person. So,he wrote on a fourm that Fallout 3 and oblivion are fps games >_>. What is weirder is that no one on the fourm mocked him. They instead tried to polietly explain the difference <_<.

So the dumbest thing you've ever seen is a friend make an innocent and minor mistake and post it on the nicest forum around?

nicest forum around?! I think you will be shocked to know what fourm that was >_>.
It was...

Get ready for it...

the ps3 board on Gamefaqs >_>.

There are pockets of kindness in gamefaqs, they're just few and far between.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#58FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 4:11:58 PM
bump
---
#59Hawke0Posted 12/14/2012 4:18:33 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
My old roommate got Skyrim, Borderlands 2, and GTA 4, and Red Dead Redemption from his brother for his birthday and traded them in without even opening them/trying them for a copy of Medal of Honor Warfighter and a used copy of FIFA 12 (so, no online pass)

I sense a disturbance in the force.
Mine would be someone insisting GTA V was already released.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#60SunDevil77Posted 12/14/2012 4:45:27 PM
Quote:SunDevil77 posted...

I sense a disturbance in the force.
Mine would be someone insisting GTA V was already released.

@Hawke0
What?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.