This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few hours into FarCry 3 and while it's amazing, something almost ruins it...

#11pothocketPosted 12/14/2012 5:51:27 AM
My biggest complaint is ledge grabbing. Why can't I just climb ledges? Why does there need to be crap hanging off the side? If anything, a bunch of loose rope would make it harder to climb there.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 5:59:10 AM
pothocket posted...
My biggest complaint is ledge grabbing. Why can't I just climb ledges? Why does there need to be crap hanging off the side? If anything, a bunch of loose rope would make it harder to climb there.

Haha I thought the exact same thing. If anything the ledges you can climb should be noted by being completely clear of rope/moss.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#13axelfooley2k5Posted 12/14/2012 6:11:23 AM(edited)
i have played like 5 hours and only just unlocked the 2nd tiny part of the map next to what is unlocked at the start

hunting and gathering loot make the game fun to explore everything
thats why people are saying oblivion with guns......it kinda is.....but it isnt
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#14axelfooley2k5Posted 12/14/2012 6:10:11 AM
i also hate the fact that there are save spots and you cant save anywhere

its annoying........but in no way ruining my fun
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#15JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:29:00 AM
"hunting and gathering loot make the game fun to explore everything
thats why people are saying oblivion with guns......it kinda is.....but it isnt"

I don't know about other people, but I'm mostly saying it's more of an RPG because you actually get XP, level up, and gain points to spend on new abilities.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#16desert_santaPosted 12/14/2012 6:47:14 AM
good game but i quit playing it today due to save issues

for some reason it never kept my latest file and just loaded up the one before it

still like the game but now i wish i had waited for a price drop
#17HELZEROPosted 12/14/2012 11:09:14 AM
desert_santa posted...
good game but i quit playing it today due to save issues

for some reason it never kept my latest file and just loaded up the one before it

still like the game but now i wish i had waited for a price drop

I never had any save issues.

There are two save files. The one thats auto saved and the one that you manually save. You can select which you want to load when you select STORY in the menus.
#18oasisbeyondPosted 12/14/2012 11:18:07 AM
It's probably because of how the game works... So if you saved during a missions and screwed... And saved... You would be screwed every time, and need to restart from the beginning. Some people forget doing multiple saves. I remember playing Tomb Raider II, and that was one of the first games where you could save anywhere. I once panicked while she walls falling off a cliff, and saved lol. So yeah, when I reload she would fall to her death everytime. So, I had to restart the level over again lol.
"Good Times"

It also probably the way enemies spawn and stuff... Imagine booting a save up and there's enemies around you and kill you everytime... It would break the game.
#19tisukoPosted 12/14/2012 11:57:06 AM
You want a tough FPS to get through, try playing through Project I.G.I. where you can only save at the END of the level, and each level is bare minimum 45 minutes to an hour long.

I have that game. I didn't care for it too much.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#20nordendorfPosted 12/14/2012 12:04:11 PM
For a game without respawning enemies, I feel it hurts the game. I'd like to be able to save before some of the cooler missions so I can redo them later. Also wanted to unlock stuff and leave outposts and create a save for a messing around game save.

Still a great game, but I agree with tc