This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few hours into FarCry 3 and while it's amazing, something almost ruins it...

#21desert_santaPosted 12/14/2012 3:31:45 PM
HELZERO posted...
desert_santa posted...
good game but i quit playing it today due to save issues

for some reason it never kept my latest file and just loaded up the one before it

still like the game but now i wish i had waited for a price drop

I never had any save issues.

There are two save files. The one thats auto saved and the one that you manually save. You can select which you want to load when you select STORY in the menus.

i will check it again thanks, i did not save manually and let the game autosave

but in the meantime i went back to try and finish professor layton
#22desert_santaPosted 12/14/2012 3:33:00 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
It's probably because of how the game works... So if you saved during a missions and screwed... And saved... You would be screwed every time, and need to restart from the beginning. Some people forget doing multiple saves. I remember playing Tomb Raider II, and that was one of the first games where you could save anywhere. I once panicked while she walls falling off a cliff, and saved lol. So yeah, when I reload she would fall to her death everytime. So, I had to restart the level over again lol.
"Good Times"

It also probably the way enemies spawn and stuff... Imagine booting a save up and there's enemies around you and kill you everytime... It would break the game.

the save did indeed send me back to the beginning of the level

hopefully what a previous poster said may work though

will check after i finish layton(or get stuck again)
#23JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 3:40:31 PM
HELZERO posted...
desert_santa posted...

for some reason it never kept my latest file and just loaded up the one before it

There are two save files. The one thats auto saved and the one that you manually save. You can select which you want to load when you select STORY in the menus.

Yeah but when you select "continue" it should always save the newest file...be it yours or autosave.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#24RedFive3Posted 12/14/2012 3:42:36 PM
You can save at anytime except during a mission.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#25desert_santaPosted 12/14/2012 3:43:09 PM
JKSonic posted...
HELZERO posted...
desert_santa posted...

Yeah but when you select "continue" it should always save the newest file...be it yours or autosave.

that's what i thought

but i realized that since i am constantly swapping consoles in and out i never set the time or date for the 360 anymore, so maybe my save file is in there somewhere(i hope)
#26JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 3:44:54 PM
RedFive3 posted...

But the point was you're in missions MOST of the time. Not only that but when you save outside of a mission it still warps you back to safehouses so while you can technically save "any time" you won't start back up where you save.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#27RedFive3Posted 12/14/2012 3:49:29 PM(edited)
RedFive3 posted...

But the point was you're in missions MOST of the time. Not only that but when you save outside of a mission it still warps you back to safehouses so while you can technically save "any time" you won't start back up where you save.

True, but I always go to a safehouse and save anyways. Then I just load that save when I play again. I have been doing that since Morrowind. Going to my house and saving before I quit for the day. I do that with all open world games. Kinda weird I guess.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#28bossk5Posted 12/14/2012 3:56:19 PM
I like damn near everything about this game but for some reason I can't explain....it's just not sucking me in.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up