This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everyone think Resident Evil 6 is so bad?

#11BcowmanPosted 12/13/2012 10:51:31 PM
'Elitist' really is the catch-all insult these days, huh?
#12knightimexPosted 12/13/2012 10:51:49 PM
Resident evil 6 is to Castlevania: Lords of shadows.

It's only resident evil 6 in name.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#13Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/13/2012 10:53:33 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
glassghost0 posted...
It's the fact that it's not really Resident Evil.

If you took away the name and named it something else it wouldn't have been as harshly judged.

As a game it's pretty great, even better with coop

As a Resident Evil game it's kinda sad

Another elitist...What are you even talking about? As a game its great but as an RE game its sad?!? How does this make sense?

lol, not even close, I don't even like Resident Evil. Resident Evil fans like the original ones. Six is basically like Gears of War, they've take all of the Survival Horror out of it. Now it's just an action game. At least the parts with Chris and Jake.

It's sad because there's no trace of the originals. They've even said they're done with zombies.

So Resident Evil isnt allowed to evolve as a franchise? Yay! Lets go back to fixed cameras and terrible controls!!!
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#14Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/13/2012 10:54:09 PM
Bcowman posted...
'Elitist' really is the catch-all insult these days, huh?

I never meant it as an insult...
---
#15sonyfanboy992Posted 12/13/2012 10:59:32 PM
The controls in RE4 were perfect. They greatly added to the blood pulsing tension found throughout the game. Had it used RE6's controls, it would have been much worse.
#16DRzCalderonPosted 12/13/2012 11:01:59 PM
TC you gotta be kidding me. Tell me what does RE6 do right that other TPS out there can't do?

Graphics? Nah
Shooting mechanics? Nah
Story? Haha
Physics? No Engine
Detail? Joke
New Characters? BORING
QTE? Annoying

Please other than the coop experience what does this game do so AMAZINGLY that it separates itself from other TPS? It's a disappointment in regards to it coming from a company like Capcom who are considered a veteran in the gaming industry.
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#17VartosPosted 12/13/2012 11:04:15 PM
I swear, people don't even judge a game if it's even fun anymore. RE6 was lots of fun.
#18656stoogePosted 12/13/2012 11:04:41 PM
Even my brothers didn't like it much, and they've only played 5 and 6. I was watching them play it last month and they hated the amount of QTE's.

And my brothers are pretty casual gamers and their opinions couldn't possibly have been swayed by forums or nostalgia for the old games.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#19Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/13/2012 11:04:49 PM
sonyfanboy992 posted...
The controls in RE4 were perfect. They greatly added to the blood pulsing tension found throughout the game. Had it used RE6's controls, it would have been much worse.

ok, sure...

You guys have fun hating! I'll keep enjoying games that get hate for evolving, like Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Ghost Recon, etc...
---
#20656stoogePosted 12/13/2012 11:07:55 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

ok, sure...

You guys have fun hating! I'll keep enjoying games that get hate for evolving, like Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Ghost Recon, etc...

ouch. What a scathing comeback!
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!