This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everyone think Resident Evil 6 is so bad?

#31Dark_SpiretPosted 12/14/2012 1:56:08 AM
Because "its not Resident Evil". Because QTE ACTION ACTION EXPLOSIONS ACTION. Because move and shoot. Because people dislike capcom.

dont get me wrong, the game has issues especially with consistency, lack of direction in controls along with lots of other small piddly nitpick stuff, but its problems are so overstated and so over embellished that its PATHETIC.
#32Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/14/2012 2:08:55 AM(edited)
Dark_Spiret posted...
Because "its not Resident Evil". Because QTE ACTION ACTION EXPLOSIONS ACTION. Because move and shoot. Because people dislike capcom.

Ok, lets be honest though, The RE5 boulder-punching QTE was something amazing. Everyones gotta love that.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#33tenshi78Posted 12/14/2012 3:20:26 AM
An aggressive and ugly mess that's less a game than a rip-off catalogue of gameplay tropes from other successful franchises. The terrible dialogue is the best part.
#34hak145Posted 12/14/2012 4:19:12 AM
the game has a complete utter lack of personality, originality, and no soul. Everything about it was disappointing. Even the very movement of your character annoyed me. The reason why Re4 was so much better was because it had personality, a soul, and controls/movement that didn't annoy you. The healing system wasn't in the form of tic tacs, and the enemies generally were imposing and fearful. Not too mention the absence of co op, ambience, and atmosphere helped it greatly.

Yep, Re6 was bad.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#35vigorm0rtisPosted 12/14/2012 5:14:41 AM
I didn't think it was bad, but it wasn't especially good, either. Leon's campaign was fun. If they had bulked that up and made it the whole game, I would have enjoyed it more.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#36Dark_SpiretPosted 12/14/2012 5:25:05 AM
i never understood the love for leons campaign. Yeah its got the best atmosphere on the whole and his first chapter is arguably the best in the game, but his also has some of the most annoying elements the game has to offer that either dont exist in the other campaigns or are heavily subdued. His was still good, but my least favorite of the 4.
#37EvilCactusPosted 12/14/2012 7:02:09 AM
Disregard whether or not it has "Resident Evil" in the title or not. As an action game, it's simply not good by any means.

Level design is awful, consisting of too many narrow corridors. Which is even worse considering that RE6 is a mandatory co-op game, meaning that both player characters can't fit in most corridors.

Camera work is atrocious. Most of the time, it's too zoomed in. And the game is too obsessed with wretching camera control away from the player for "cinematic" moments, often resulting in very awkward camera angles.

Many, many obtrusive cutscenes. The worst are cutscenes that interrupt the player in the middle of combat, and then drops the player back into combat with a worthless camera view. Clearly, the game values its own cutscenes than the player's gameplay.

QTEs used as a solution for anything that doesn't involve standing and shooting, including "climactic" boss fights.

It tries too hard to emulate Gears of War as a cover shooter, but it lacks all of the subtle gameplay elements and mechanics that make Gears a smooth and cohesive game.
---
sig here
#38JKSonicPosted 12/14/2012 7:08:43 AM
I think it's regarded BETTER because it has RE in the title. Take that away and you're left with a game that has terrible controls (same for RE 5...at least RE 4 was a little slower paced), tries to be a heavy action game but is still retaining much of the skin from it's survival horror days, has a story that makes less and less sense, odd level design, too many QTE's...etc etc.

They should have just dropped the RE name after 3, and if not definitely after 4. 4 was barely a RE game but at least it was still scary and slow paced and not trying to be an action game. Either go one way or the other. Make it control like Gears of War, or make it slow paced.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#39656stoogePosted 12/14/2012 7:27:50 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
i never understood the love for leons campaign. Yeah its got the best atmosphere on the whole and his first chapter is arguably the best in the game, but his also has some of the most annoying elements the game has to offer that either dont exist in the other campaigns or are heavily subdued. His was still good, but my least favorite of the 4.

I didn't like Leon's much either. Sure it tried to retain some elements of horror, but IMO they never came close to working and as a result the slow pacing just made the whole thing feel boring. Not to mention the lack of enemy variety.
In fact, I didn't like a single campaign as a whole. I felt the game worked best when you played a chapter or 2 of each because every campaign seemed to focus to much on one area while lacking in others.

Chris's had a decent amount of enemy variety and a lot of big action scenes, but it really lacked in boss fights and any sort of down time.

Leon's was slow as hell and lacked in enemy variety and decent boss fights/set pieces, but felt the most like the older games.

Jake's had all sorts of interesting little diversions and a the majority of enjoyable boss encounters, but it ended up feeling to unfocused and the least like the old games.

Had Capcom taken the time to weave the campaigns together and make sure they all complemented each other instead of letting the player chose what scenario to play, then I think the game would have worked better as a whole.
Luckily I followed a guide on GFAQs and played the levels in chronological order, but most people I know played each campaign in one go before moving on to the other.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#40bleachfanz2113Posted 12/14/2012 7:29:52 AM
i liked it but it was too short and after i beat it i didnt want/feel like i needed to play it again
---
xbox live: King 213
psn: bleachfanz2113 (wont be using it until i get my vita) lookin forward to ac:l, m13v, ro, and most of all P4G! cant wait :)