This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everyone think Resident Evil 6 is so bad?

#41homestylesPosted 12/14/2012 9:05:52 AM(edited)
It has great graphics, fun co-op, and makes some genuine attempts to evolve the franchise in key ways. People dogpiling on the game the way they have been is a little ridiculous and many of them seemed to have their knives out before they even booted up the disc. That being said, after spending significant time with the game, it's flawed at best and annoying at worst. For every one element that works, there are two that don't. At times, it almost seems like Capcom, at a loss with how to truly re-energize the series, played a bunch of popular American shooters, threw up their hands, and said, "If this what you guys want, we'll give it to you!" I'm not opposed to them trying to shake things up a little, but for me, they went too far. The cover and shooting mechanics feel clunky at times, the story and dialogue are second-rate, and often as not the game is simply idiotic instead of mysterious or suspenseful. I clung to the parts I enjoyed and muddled through the parts that I didn't. Ultimately, getting through it felt like work. That's always the worst thing you can say about a piece of entertainment.
#42Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/14/2012 9:09:32 AM
homestyles posted...
It has great graphics, fun co-op, and makes some genuine attempts to evolve the franchise in key ways. People dogpiling on the game the way they have been is a little ridiculous and many of them seemed to have their knives out before they even booted up the disc. That being said, after spending significant time with the game, it's flawed at best and annoying at worst. For every one element that works, there are two that don't. At times, it almost seems like Capcom, at a loss with how to truly re-energize the series, played a bunch of popular American shooters, threw up their hands, and said, "If this what you guys want, we'll give it to you!" I'm not opposed to them trying to shake things up a little, but for me, they went too far. The cover and shooting mechanics feel clunky at times, the story and dialogue are second-rate, and often as not the game is simply idiotic instead of mysterious or suspenseful. I clung to the parts I enjoyed and muddled through the parts that I didn't. Ultimately, getting through it felt like work. That's always the worst thing you can say about a piece of entertainment.

i agree! I loved the game, but the cover was awful! However Mercs mode and Ada's Campaign kept me going.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#43Arucard05Posted 12/14/2012 9:56:09 AM
Is this topic like a weekly thing now?
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#44SubZeroChief23Posted 12/14/2012 10:02:52 AM
glassghost0 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
The game sucked by any standard. The only reason anyone even claims to like it is because it's Resident Evil. Honestly it's one of the worst games released this gen.

such an ignorant statement

Maybe if you like constant cut scenes, QTEs, terrible shooting mechanics, the worst cover system ever made, spending half the game walking through claustrophobic environments just to press B or A to jump an obstacle, and the only effective way to kill zombies are to use wrestling moves then sure.

I would rank Resident Evil 6 alongside the worst games this gen. It's as bad as games like Neverdead and Duke Nukem Forever.
#45shawnmckPosted 12/14/2012 10:05:54 AM
Because it is the popular thing to do....or, because they were expecting RE6 to be more like RE4.
Which is dumb on their part, because Capcom only stated that they wanted to make it like Call of Duty.....so some people act surprised that the game was more like CoD and then condemn it...which is not the fault of the game, but of their own illegitimate expectations.

RE6 is not a perfect game either, as I have problems with some of its design choices...but it is a fully playabe game (if you approach it as a 3rd-Person shooter) and is still good.
#46SubZeroChief23Posted 12/14/2012 10:10:45 AM
shawnmck posted...
Because it is the popular thing to do....or, because they were expecting RE6 to be more like RE4.
Which is dumb on their part, because Capcom only stated that they wanted to make it like Call of Duty.....so some people act surprised that the game was more like CoD and then condemn it...which is not the fault of the game, but of their own illegitimate expectations.

RE6 is not a perfect game either, as I have problems with some of its design choices...but it is a fully playabe game (if you approach it as a 3rd-Person shooter) and is still good.

It's even worse if you do approach it as a shooter. RE games have never had good shooting mechanics so comparing it to those makes it seems slightly less worse. When you compare the shooting mechanics and cover system to a game like Gears it's not even a comparison.

RE6 is one of the worst games ever created and if it didn't have the RE name on the box it would be just some game like Inversion that nobody played.
#47takidigits2005Posted 12/14/2012 10:11:57 AM
sonyfanboy992 posted...
Resident Evil 6 is not horrible by any means. However, after the brilliance that was Resident Evil 4 (yes I know some may disagree, though know you are in a small minority) and the solid Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6 was just a disappointment. A lot more was expected.

---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#48DRzCalderonPosted 12/14/2012 10:13:22 AM
I don't understand why many think that those who DESPISE this game just can't stand evolution in gaming.

What the hell are you guys thinking RE6 is evolving into optimistically?

Into another bland TPS? You mean, to try and adapt to a genre that we have over a THOUSAND of on the market?

And there is also a difference of a franchise evolving correctly like RE4 and evolving back into a Magikarp from pokemon like RE6
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#49SlimeSwayzePosted 12/14/2012 10:31:01 AM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
It's even worse if you do approach it as a shooter. RE games have never had good shooting mechanics so comparing it to those makes it seems slightly less worse. When you compare the shooting mechanics and cover system to a game like Gears it's not even a comparison.

RE6 is one of the worst games ever created and if it didn't have the RE name on the box it would be just some game like Inversion that nobody played.

I agree. It's just a very bad game. It's a shining example of everything NOT to do in terms of overall game design, level design, control mechanics, pacing, and storytelling. It's just a mess of a game.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#50Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/14/2012 10:47:14 AM
DRzCalderon posted...
I don't understand why many think that those who DESPISE this game just can't stand evolution in gaming.

What the hell are you guys thinking RE6 is evolving into optimistically?

Into another bland TPS? You mean, to try and adapt to a genre that we have over a THOUSAND of on the market?

And there is also a difference of a franchise evolving correctly like RE4 and evolving back into a Magikarp from pokemon like RE6

every genre is saturated with games! Just because youre more bored of TPS than I am doesnt mean the game is bad

Also what about 4 was "correct" and what about 6 was "incorrect" They took the established gameplay from four and expanded on it further making, IMO, the best gameplay in any RE game...aside from the cover system that is, which i never even used
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.