This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the best game of this past generation? (PS3/360/Wii)

#41benjamin3740Posted 12/14/2012 11:29:19 AM(edited)
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!

The best game of this year, and also the least played game of this year! Oh, if only it wasn't a Gamestop exclusive....then maybe it'd get the respect it deserves..... :/
---
WARNING: This sig will self-destruct in 12-16 business days!!!! - Non-refundable!
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#42656stoogePosted 12/14/2012 11:32:15 AM
Dark Souls

Didn't even have to think about it.

Runners up include Mario Galaxy, Nier, Deadly Premonitions, and Xenoblade.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#43Dusk_Posted 12/14/2012 11:45:43 AM
can't pick but...

RDR
Fallout 3
Dark/demon's souls
#44doctorsacredPosted 12/14/2012 11:52:17 AM
I have to make a top five, I can't vote for a single one.

1. CoD 4: Modern Warfare (Multiplayer)
It's just the game I've played the most in this generation. The most important thing about any game to me is fun, and this is where this game is nearly perfect.
2. Portal
Simply perfect, and the only game I'd give a ten out of ten. CoD still is number 1 because I have gladly played it for hundreds of hours.
3. Mass Effect
I've never been a huge Sci-Fi fan, but this game's story and atmosphere are just amazing.
4. Super Mario Galaxy
Same as CoD, jus plain fun.
5. Red Dead Redemption
The first 90% of this game aren't outstanding in my opinion, but the last 10% more than make up for that. I've never felt that much emotion because of a video game (ragequitting doesn't count^^).

Trials HD was cool, too.
---
"Newton invented gravity 'cos some a****** hit him with an apple"
Chris Moltisanti/The Sopranos
#45NixemoPosted 12/14/2012 11:54:09 AM
Fallout 3 or The Orange Box
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#46MonadAlvisPosted 12/14/2012 11:55:27 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles. ^_^
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#47MachineZedPosted 12/14/2012 12:01:58 PM
RDR is perhaps my favorite of this Gen for consoles, followed closely by FO:NV. But overall I spent the most time in Plants vs Zombies on the PC, and then on the iPhone.
#48NeojianXPosted 12/14/2012 12:04:25 PM(edited)
I had Xenoblade Chronicles. It was ok. I have had games that had better exploration and maps. I enjoyed playing it with the Classic controller pro.

Imagine trying to play that game with the WiiU tablet that has the analog nubs over the D-pad and buttons. : )

I never finished it because my port door broke and I wanted another one.

But Nintendo removed the Gamecube BC and I had around 35 of them I played on my Wii. It made a repurchase not worth it and I sold all things Nintendo. But hey that is not just me. XD

Just like I sold all thing Sony except my PSP 3001 and collection. When Sony snatched my PS2 BC out of my 60gb PS3. I never really used the Other OS, so I didn't care about that.

Like a slap in the face trying to sell HD versions of PS2 games that did not look as good as my PS2 games on my 60gb PS3 and did not have the entire content of games like God of War I&II collector's disk which is 3 disk and not two disk. No Behind the scene disk content on the HD collection. Because of not want to pay for re licensing it. ( You know that Companyboy here licensing excuse. But act like it's not about the MONEY. Ha ha ha! : )

A number of reasons keep me from buying another X360 S also.

You know it seems like it's mostly just the same companyboys posting on these boards. Like dude posting about his ass paid $70.00 for Streetfighter 2 in the 90s.

Oh hell yeah you have posted that at me before. Maybe on the PSP board. Ha ha ha!
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#49SunDevil77Posted 12/14/2012 12:18:42 PM(edited)
Neojian, your posts are borderline unreadable.

---
#50stapler87Posted 12/14/2012 12:19:46 PM
Hard to pick just one in particular.

I suppose Fallout: New Vegas stands out just a bit more than the rest to me. That said, there were a TON of games this gen that I enjoyed. And more continue to be released that I like.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin