This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the best game of this past generation? (PS3/360/Wii)

#71TakeItInTheFace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 11:25:41 AM
I see a lot of games here that I haven't even played yet. Let's keep it going...
---
Collection of Cool - www.youtube.com/vza036
Check out my YouTube channel ^ Lots of cool stuff related to comic books and video games.
#72RygonPosted 12/15/2012 11:27:30 AM
I think maybe Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 2, or Mass Effect 2, and I didn't like shooters before this gen.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#73third_eye_zero0Posted 12/15/2012 12:54:19 PM
Very hard to choose just one.

Gears of War was the first game of mine to really showcase how far this gen could take us technologically. Me and my friends played ranked Warzone all the way to "Seriously..."

CoD 4: MW I spent a great deal of time on. IW really got the formula right to keep you addicted.

Dragon Age: Origins brought me out of my 3 year WoW slump. I've always compared the battle system to a 5-man dungeon in WoW, except you control everybody. The story and characters were great, the battle system challenging, leveling system really shined too.
#74GravityAuraPosted 12/15/2012 2:30:49 PM
ARsignal11 posted...
Gotta go with Xenoblade Chronicles.

This
---
Are you in the Dollars?
#75Perfect LightPosted 12/15/2012 5:53:40 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
#76norrinsandsPosted 12/15/2012 7:35:19 PM
Overall: Bioshock

Runners Up:
Mass Effect Series
Gears of War Series
Fallout 3
Skyrim
COD:MW
Civilization: Revolutions
Dragon Age: Origins
Shadow Complex
Deus Ex
Limbo
Alan Wake
Halo: Reach
Bastion
Forza 3

I still need to play Halo 4, buy XCom and Dishonored, and here's hoping Bioshock Infinite delivers
---
Done with JRPGs and pretty much J anything at this point.
#77djwagonPosted 12/15/2012 7:50:59 PM
remake of duck hunt on the kinect.if that game every gets made it will win hands down.so glad I never wasted money on the kinect
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#78peter_888Posted 12/15/2012 7:54:37 PM
out of all the games I've played this gen.
Got to be Valkyria Chronicles
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#79MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/15/2012 7:57:08 PM
Best - Demon's Souls. The only modern style game I've played that felt like an old school one. Die. Next life. Learn. Succeed. Until you're good enough to get through the whole game without dying. Dark Souls is almost as good, but didn't come first, and I still like Demon's Souls better anyway.

Runner up - Oblivion. I don't care if Skyrim is better from a technical standpoint. Oblivion sucked me in for a solid six straight months back in 2007 and it never got boring. I lost interest in Skyrim when I wasn't even that far in, although to be fair, it may be because I'm a little older now and my tastes have changed.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#80swazonekPosted 12/15/2012 8:18:14 PM
Dark Souls. I'm glad quite a few people have mentioned this game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/swazonek