This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't the 360 Slim play original Xbox games?

#1TrillLogiaTypePosted 12/14/2012 10:05:40 AM
I thought that was soooooooo lame when I inserted my Fable: The Lost Chapters disc. It says I need a Hard Drive to play, when it's the slim. I hope they do an update where it saves original Xbox games on the the built in memory device.
#2poopninjamvc3mkPosted 12/14/2012 10:09:20 AM
You need the 250gb slim to play og xbox games, not the 4gb one.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.
#3framundacheezePosted 12/14/2012 10:32:22 AM
I had the same issue. Just go on Amazon and grab a 20 gb drive for like $15.
Well worth it to play the old games and adding your own music.
#4TheBlueStigPosted 12/14/2012 11:15:24 AM
TrillLogiaType posted...
I thought that was soooooooo lame when I inserted my Fable: The Lost Chapters disc. It says I need a Hard Drive to play, when it's the slim. I hope they do an update where it saves original Xbox games on the the built in memory device.

Buy the 320GB HDD and install it yourself, it's in the right side of the system.

If you have a TigerDirect/CompUSA store near you, you might be able to find it for $109.
#5NeojianXPosted 12/14/2012 1:24:30 PM(edited)
No X360 plays Xbox games out of the box. You have to do a dumb Dl on a per game basis. It's like Ass Bleem for the Dreamcast and not like BLeem PC, which I can play all PS1 games flawless on my PCs. But with the PS1 games. Oh course hackers can probably do it without the real Games. Not how I roll.
Which is what Sony Stole ... ah used with the NA 60gb PS3, before their Update Ultimatim stole the PS2 BC out of those systems. Still is what they use for the PS1 BC in the PS3. After shutting down Bleem of course. Ha ha ha ha! : )

The X360 S I would have thought would play them out of the Box. Oh they could, but they kinda have hopes of selling you those Xbox games as downloads in the very near future or for the X720. NINJA Gaiden Black is still the best NINJA Gaiden game. Some would go crazy to play Phantom Crash and Phantom Dusk on Xbox Live with a current gen system.

Deathrow also.
I guess Fable might play. But this entire topic could actually be deceptive. Because I think you would have to DL a patch to play it on any X360 out of the box also.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#6NeojianXPosted 12/14/2012 1:22:46 PM
framundacheeze
Posted 12/14/2012 11:32:22 AM
message detail

I had the same issue. Just go on Amazon and grab a 20 gb drive for like $15.
Well worth it to play the old games and adding your own music

I also have a feeling you cannot post a link to what even you just posted. For an X360 Slim? I doubt it. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )