This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I am thinking of getting some new gaming headphones.

#1Groudon_UzamakiPosted 12/14/2012 9:42:19 PM
According to the topics in the search here apparently DSS2 or Mixamp are good SS systems but Turtle Beach headphones should be avoided. It looks like I could get the DSS2+Sennheisers on Amazon for about 160. Is this worth it?
---
I've spent the past ten minutes sobbing uncontrollably.
Is this what a period feels like?" SomeThomas
#2ObtikPosted 12/15/2012 12:20:21 AM
Sennheiser pc360s?
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#3CapwnDPosted 12/15/2012 12:29:06 AM
Sennheiser PC360 along with the DSS2 will work with chat if you buy some additional cables (about $20 for cables with shipping factored in). As for headphones without a mic, you would also need a mic added to the mix, and this would make it more confusing.

The Mixamp is much more straight forward, but IMO the DSS2 has more punch and fills out the PC360 headphones better.

Once I get my hands on the Mixamp 2013 I have a feeling I'll lean towards the Mixamp again, but for now I'm using the DSS2 with the PC360.
---
Thrash Zone
#4Groudon_Uzamaki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 11:24:06 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Sennheiser PC360 along with the DSS2 will work with chat if you buy some additional cables (about $20 for cables with shipping factored in). As for headphones without a mic, you would also need a mic added to the mix, and this would make it more confusing.

The Mixamp is much more straight forward, but IMO the DSS2 has more punch and fills out the PC360 headphones better.

Once I get my hands on the Mixamp 2013 I have a feeling I'll lean towards the Mixamp again, but for now I'm using the DSS2 with the PC360.

I think that is what I am going to end up doing, ask for the headphones for a Christmas present and buy the DSS2 on Amazon. It is looking like with a Christmas deal it is about $250 all together.
---
I've spent the past ten minutes sobbing uncontrollably.
Is this what a period feels like?" SomeThomas