This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that made you cry

#251kungfuj0Posted 12/16/2012 2:14:49 PM
I've been gaming in some form or another for almost 30 years now, and in that time, I've only teared up twice.

When Aeris died in FF7. I could kinda see it coming, but that was the first time that I'd ever had someone die like that in a game, so it got me.

and

When Ashley died in my first run of ME1. I didn't cry when it happened, but later, when you're back on the ship and THAT MUSIC was playing, I went to where she used to be on the ship and it kinda got to me.

I've been saddened or whatever by other games, but those are the only two that ever made me shed tears.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#252EmperorBlackPosted 12/16/2012 2:23:59 PM
...and there's Bioshock. I didn't actually cry, but it was the first game where I felt sorry for the enemy characters. Those splicers are like the random crazy homeless people you see on the street. None of them are in their right mind... so when you kill them, it's really like you're just putting them out of their misery/insanity. Some of them are just wandering around, talking to themselves or still having conversations with loved ones that probably died a long time ago.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
#253roadtosalvationPosted 12/16/2012 2:36:27 PM
Really, no one is going to mention when Ameena and Dion die in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time? If you can't get attached to some insanely minor npcs who CAN you get attached to?

But on a serious note I really like the track ("Ice Crystal") that plays during their deaths. Good, sad track.
#254Dameon55Posted 12/16/2012 2:44:33 PM
Ending of The Darkness.
---
GT: Dameon5
#255JustThrowMoneyPosted 12/16/2012 2:45:33 PM
Each of the first three Phoenix Wright games got me good, especially Chapter 4 of the first game (Farewell, My Turnabout).
---
Proud to be EPic.
"Vector calculus!" --Dive, Divekick
#256Deathx113Posted 12/16/2012 2:45:46 PM
DanKiller7 posted...
Arikido posted...
DanKiller7 posted...
You girls cry when you break a nail too? This is pitiful I can't imagine anyone starting to cry all alone sitting there playing a video game. Damn when did so many gamers become such delicate little flowers.

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.

Herp derp just cause he don't 'gree wit us he mus be a troll.

Insulting someone is trolling.

You're free to disagree but insults = trolling.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#257randomweirdoPosted 12/16/2012 3:01:33 PM
Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC: The ending pretty much. When Loewe dies, when you think Estelle and Joshua are falling to their death in quite a romantic way and also the very last bit at Karin's grave when they are leaving the broken sword there.

Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd: After you beat Schwarzritter, his mask falls off and you get the confirmation of the obvious about who he is. It's very bittersweet because at the very last moment before he vanishes you see him holding hands with the woman he loves. It's sad that he has to leave, but good that he'll be happy. And the fanart of this scene is even worse at being heart wrenching.

The worst part about the above two is how they both are in Japanese and made me cry before I got the scenes translated fully. I didn't even need to know what was being said to end up in tears.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant: The ending of course when Yuri chooses to die and be together with Alice for eternity.

Okay, so I'm totally a sucker for the Together in Death trope when one half of it is my favorite character.

Tales of the Abyss: Asch's death, of course. That music really gets to you.

Final Fantasy VI: The scene where Celes tries to kill herself and fails if Cid dies.
#258MasterPierazPosted 12/16/2012 3:15:18 PM
The ending of Klonoa is so sad when you are very young...
#259lordsofshadowPosted 12/16/2012 5:48:10 PM
Roxas Joining Sora in KH2 .
#260BigTlovesBEERPosted 12/16/2012 8:25:34 PM
DanKiller7 posted...
You girls cry when you break a nail too? This is pitiful I can't imagine anyone starting to cry all alone sitting there playing a video game. Damn when did so many gamers become such delicate little flowers.

Check out the macho man, who is so buff and macho he goes into threads and tells us how awesome and manly he is! Yea! Man power, baby.

Me and DanKiller7 just hang out in our mancaves together and do MAN stuff. Ya know, whatever happens... so stop asking us about it it's our business!