This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that made you cry

#261Gwildor123Posted 12/16/2012 8:27:12 PM
He-Man is very manly. Gwildor is in He-Man just so you know.
---
This is Gwildor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKGCpeKlQQM
#262joestin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 9:46:56 PM
Forgot about Majora's Mask. Several parts of that game were heavy... certainly anything with the Song of Healing behind it.
---
I need more love
#263DanKiller7Posted 12/16/2012 11:17:28 PM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
DanKiller7 posted...
You girls cry when you break a nail too? This is pitiful I can't imagine anyone starting to cry all alone sitting there playing a video game. Damn when did so many gamers become such delicate little flowers.

Check out the macho man, who is so buff and macho he goes into threads and tells us how awesome and manly he is! Yea! Man power, baby.

Me and DanKiller7 just hang out in our mancaves together and do MAN stuff. Ya know, whatever happens... so stop asking us about it it's our business!

Ahaha I know you were mocking me but I admit that was pretty funny. I also didn't realize not crying for videogames made you such a macho man either. I guess I just ooze of it then since no I have never cried for a videogame. I'm just saying of all the people and friends I know of who have ever played games, no one has ever cried, unless they kept it hidden.

Just curious, have any of you who ever shed tears for fictional characters, ever shed tears for those children in the commercials dying of sickness and hunger? That stuff tugs my heartstrings much more than any medium of entertainment ever has. But I've said what's on my mind. If you felt I insulted you I apologize. It just really made me scratch my head that people could cry for games is all.
---
Collateral Shot! This is too easy..
#264meteor9898Posted 12/17/2012 1:50:08 AM(edited)
I also didn't realize not crying for videogames made you such a macho man either.

No it doesn't, but barging into a topic you don't understand, brandishing your e-peen and mocking people for reacting as they were intended to emotional storytelling sure does. Do you also make fun of people for crying at movies, books, music? Anything that was intentionally constructed to elicit an emotional response? You can flex your muscles and waggle your manjunk all you like, but I'll never feel bad for becoming emotionally involved in a good story. I'd rather be that than a dumb, emotionally repressed airhead, which is how you are coming across.

I'm just saying of all the people and friends I know of who have ever played games, no one has ever cried,

Right, because tetris, farmville and Call of Duty are such emotional minefields. I am so impressed! Can you not see how impressed I am? When that guy headshotted that other guy who shot a gun at the first guy..... *sobs*

ever shed tears for those children in the commercials dying of sickness and hunger?

No, I don't, and that doesn't make me any less human. It doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for those kids and wouldn't donate to them when I can, it just means I don't fall for easy manipulation, which is the point of these commercials. Seems to me you're just a tiny little flower who'd bend over and bawl over a simple snapshot, something that took no effort to create. I don't see how you can get off being proud of that but deriding others for reacting the same way to stories that were more than likely inspired from real human experience that people can actually relate to. Then again, I don't really expect you to understand much of anything. Don't dwell too hard on it. It will just make your brain hurt and your junk shrink from all those steroids.
#265lordsofshadowPosted 12/17/2012 5:40:25 PM
DanKiller7 posted...
BigTlovesBEER posted...
DanKiller7 posted...
You girls cry when you break a nail too? This is pitiful I can't imagine anyone starting to cry all alone sitting there playing a video game. Damn when did so many gamers become such delicate little flowers.

Check out the macho man, who is so buff and macho he goes into threads and tells us how awesome and manly he is! Yea! Man power, baby.

Me and DanKiller7 just hang out in our mancaves together and do MAN stuff. Ya know, whatever happens... so stop asking us about it it's our business!

Just curious, have any of you who ever shed tears for fictional characters, ever shed tears for those children in the commercials dying of sickness and hunger? That stuff tugs my heartstrings much more than any medium of entertainment ever has. But I've said what's on my mind. If you felt I insulted you I apologize. It just really made me scratch my head that people could cry for games is all.

How noble of you . Now please get the **** out if you wanna keep eating **** .

(I know you wont )
#266Milwaukee_RushPosted 12/17/2012 6:41:43 PM
Halo 4 had me going a little bit. However, Mass effect 3 not the ending, but kind of reminiscing with all of you comrades. I liked that a lot.
---
HC HQ all day! Forget the explosives, use a real gun.
#267Auron772Posted 12/17/2012 7:00:47 PM(edited)
Final Fantasy X - The ending
MGS3 - The ending
MGS4 - The ending
The Walking Dead - The ending
Persona 3 - The ending
Persona 4 - The ending

A few others as well that I can't remember. It's mainly when I become heavily invested in the story and characters and then something extremely sad happens.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#268Pacman2dxPosted 12/17/2012 7:17:28 PM
The Walking Dead and Metal Gear Solid 3.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
C'mon luck ~ just once more .. and I'll tell you, everything you want to hear ..
#269Frison11Posted 12/17/2012 7:38:51 PM
Red Dead Redemption made me tear up on the inside.
#270deimos91Posted 12/17/2012 8:34:02 PM
stawg007 posted...
This gen? MGS4, havnt played TWD yet

agreed the end and chapter 3 was epic moments only MGS can convey
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951