This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that made you cry

#41Ha1rycowPosted 12/15/2012 5:10:30 PM
Mother 3.
#42_Quest_Posted 12/15/2012 5:11:00 PM
The only game that's ever made me cry is Final Fantasy IV when I was like 6. When certain twins find a unique way of leaving the party.
---
Currently Playing: Torchlight II, Pokemon Black 2, Fallen Enchantress, Lego Star Wars Saga, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#43Gamerater66Posted 12/15/2012 5:16:22 PM
Sonic '06.
#44PechabusterPosted 12/15/2012 5:16:43 PM
So many people said Walking Dead Episode 3, what was so special about it?
#45Jpsyence77Posted 12/15/2012 5:19:00 PM(edited)
-Ico
-Shadow of the Colossus

---
http://oi42.tinypic.com/eipfg4.jpg
#46ScarletArcanaPosted 12/15/2012 5:30:18 PM
Hmm. I know a few games have made me cry, but only two come to mind right away.

Tales of Symphonia (the lead up to the final boss was heartbreaking)
Mass Effect 3 (So many parts of this game made me cry, not gonna lie)

Though I think I also teared up a little, but not genuinely cried, while playing FF6.
---
NNID [Scarlet] XBL [ScarletArcana] 3DS FC [3952-7006-6698]
Backloggery [www.backloggery.com/Scarlet]
#47Runner_stylePosted 12/15/2012 5:33:11 PM
Pechabuster posted...

If you haven't played it, and you're interested in playing I will tell you now DON'T read these spoilers.

I'll say before I get to the spoilers, that just reading about it won't have the same impact as actually playing the games, getting 'attached' to the characters, and actually witnessing what they go through.

The not so emotional impact: Lily shoots either Carley or Doug (depending on who you save in the first episode) in the head killing them.

The main emotional impact.

Shortly after the beginning of Episode 3, Duck (a child) is bitten by a walker before they can escape, during the rest of the Episode, Duck's condition gradually gets worse and worse (slowly dying) until the point comes when he coughs up blood and his mother Katjaa asks you to go get her husband (Kenny). After getting him a decision is made to put Duck out of his misery before he dies.

Katjaa takes Duck to a quiet spot to "ease his pain" after putting him down. A gun shot rings out Kenny, and Lee rush to where Katjaa is and find her dead on the ground (She committed suicide). Here you make the final decision to either have Kenny shoot Duck, of you do it yourself.

If you choose to kill Duck, Lee stands there with the gun pointed towards Duck the camera focuses on the two characters where you can see Duck's laboured breathing. At this time you're prompted to pull the trigger.

---
Remember kiddies, your opinion isn't fact. If someone disagrees with your opinion quit crying, get over it.
#48Casual_OrangePosted 12/15/2012 5:39:38 PM
Not sure if Xbox has it, but Shadow of Colossus.
That's a game in art form imo
---
PSN ID: Baby_Chocobo
Alternative PSN ID: Casual_Orange
#49PechabusterPosted 12/15/2012 5:39:53 PM
Runner_style posted...
Pechabuster posted...

If you haven't played it, and you're interested in playing I will tell you now DON'T read these spoilers.

I'll say before I get to the spoilers, that just reading about it won't have the same impact as actually playing the games, getting 'attached' to the characters, and actually witnessing what they go through.

The not so emotional impact: Lily shoots either Carley or Doug (depending on who you save in the first episode) in the head killing them.

The main emotional impact.

Shortly after the beginning of Episode 3, Duck (a child) is bitten by a walker before they can escape, during the rest of the Episode, Duck's condition gradually gets worse and worse (slowly dying) until the point comes when he coughs up blood and his mother Katjaa asks you to go get her husband (Kenny). After getting him a decision is made to put Duck out of his misery before he dies.

Katjaa takes Duck to a quiet spot to "ease his pain" after putting him down. A gun shot rings out Kenny, and Lee rush to where Katjaa is and find her dead on the ground (She committed suicide). Here you make the final decision to either have Kenny shoot Duck, of you do it yourself.

If you choose to kill Duck, Lee stands there with the gun pointed towards Duck the camera focuses on the two characters where you can see Duck's laboured breathing. At this time you're prompted to pull the trigger.

Thanks! This is what I wanted, I still have a bunch of games to finish up and some ones anticipating so if I ever get this game it'd be a long while and hopefully forget about this but yeah that sounds pretty tearful. But its for the best. I mean the instant I read 'got bitten" i knew he was going to have to be put down.
#50ZosKiaCultusPosted 12/15/2012 5:40:51 PM
Pretty sure I teared up a few times during LO, too.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided