This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that made you cry

#51MizunoRyuuPosted 12/15/2012 4:41:48 PM
Twice in Final Fantasy VII. The famous scene where a certain person leaves the party permanently, and again when the catbot sacrifices itself and tells you "even if another me comes along, never forget me, the original", or something along those lines. Cried like a baby during that :(

The endings to Final Fantasy XIII, and XIII-2 were really emotional too. The former because "aw, that's so admirable, I love this bittersweet moment", and the latter because "holywtfbbq that was unnecessarily depressing and unexpected".

True Fire Emblem runs can be sad too (as in, not bothering to reload when a person dies). "Please, I don't... Want it to end... This way... Ahhh."

Yggdra Union has its sad moments too, like when you have to kill a character who was recently your ally.

That's pretty much it. There'd be more, but it'd probably not be very interesting.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#52SoincMetalPosted 12/15/2012 4:44:04 PM(edited)
MHGALE posted...
Lost Odyssey, oh god near the end of disc 1.

Came here to say This game, now i'm gone. Thank you and goodbye. I should note that it just makes me teary eyed.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#53temgunPosted 12/15/2012 4:48:18 PM
Persona 3
Persona 4
Lost Odyssey
Final Fantasy X

And that's it I think.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#54Hadokenzero11Posted 12/15/2012 4:50:43 PM
Hearing some people say MGS4 - can they explain why? I never found anything really sad about that game, other than Naomi and Big Boss dying.
---
I will not change my signature until Zone of the Enders 3 is released. Started July 18, 2010
Official Amaterasu of the SMT IV Board.
#55PHEEliNUXPosted 12/15/2012 4:50:57 PM
Tales of Symphonia, Zelos's death
Bit.trip Flux, The music is soo beautiful that i even cried while playing it

I was about to cry in Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 when i got the Conquest ending but i didn't
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#56bluehat94Posted 12/15/2012 5:02:07 PM(edited)
I've never actually shed a tear due to a game, but a few games have gotten me close:

Gears 2 and 3

In 2 with Dom having to kill Maria and in 3 When Dom sacrificed himself

Mass Effect 3

The death of Mordin who was one of my favorite characters

Beyond Good and Evil

Finding Pey'J dead

RDR

The Ending
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#57couscous625Posted 12/15/2012 4:58:01 PM
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...
The only thing that has ever made me cry was Titantic. Games are not that immersive, or have that good of stories.

I'll second this. There's a few movies here and there that bring me near tears or even shed one or two, but no game has come that far for me yet.

you've gotta try the walking dead. im pretty manly, but it had me tearing up.
---
I had a dream when i was in high school that i attended the punk rock academy.
#58jwhudexnlsPosted 12/15/2012 5:00:24 PM
I never cried for a game, but i teared up a bit when i saw the one scene of gears 3. But nothing, and i mean nothing will ever make me cry more than marley and me!!!
#59roadtosalvationPosted 12/15/2012 5:00:46 PM
Wild Arms on the PS1.

I kind of teared up during the ending - not because of the ending - but because that game is freaking beautiful (not literally - i.e. combat) and I enjoyed all twenty seven hours of it. For me it has survived the years more than other certain "masterpieces" and I'd definitely take it over the PS2 remake.
#60Dr_GlorydaysPosted 12/15/2012 5:05:38 PM
When I was 7 and I beat Sonic Adventure 2: Battle... First time I ever saw a main character really die in a video game... What made it all the more emotional was the music.
---
it is regular strumming, but instead of a pick, or your fingers, you use a slice of cheesecake.. it gets prety messy, therefore: dirty strumming. ~ kazater