This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that made you cry

#61lordsofshadowPosted 12/15/2012 5:06:13 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
The only thing that has ever made me cry was Titantic. Games are not that immersive, or have that good of stories.

to you.
#62Shadowstalker2121Posted 12/15/2012 5:16:44 PM
I can't remember actually ever crying while playing video games that's directly caused by the game itself, but there very many that have really tugged my heartstrings.

Lost Oddyssey was a rollercoaster. The game overall was emotionally wrought, but the Dream Sequences in particular were just so beautifully written they nearly had me on the verge of tearing up.

Gears of War 3 also had the same effect during the Dom death sequence. It was kinda shocking losing your co-op partner from the previous 2 games in such a fashion. But then... when the sound effects turned off and Mad World started playing, it just hit so powerfully. Great scene.

Phantasy Star Universe, surprisingly, also had a pretty deep and powerful scene. Rather than me explaining it, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYR6qRIhzI and you'll see why. Just to set it up, it involves a CAST, which is the game's version of sentient robots.
---
A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.
#63Jpsyence77Posted 12/15/2012 5:21:19 PM(edited)
jwhudexnls posted...
I never cried for a game, but i teared up a bit when i saw the one scene of gears 3. But nothing, and i mean nothing will ever make me cry more than marley and me!!!

I can't watch that movie. The few times I watched that flick I was sobbing through more than half of the movie. Just thinking about that movie, brings me to hug my own dogs uncontrollably. :)
---
http://oi42.tinypic.com/eipfg4.jpg
#64BarthicPosted 12/15/2012 5:22:25 PM
This

Mass Effect 3

The death of Mordin who was one of my favorite characters

And FF4

Tellah dying to Golbez I remember this when I was younger playing for the first time, still get sad when I play it again.
#65mtjormitchPosted 12/15/2012 5:27:31 PM
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...
The only thing that has ever made me cry was Titantic. Games are not that immersive, or have that good of stories.

I'll second this. There's a few movies here and there that bring me near tears or even shed one or two, but no game has come that far for me yet.

Then you both have yet to even play a video game with a story then due to how many there actually are. I have over 200 great story based video games. What do you have? Nothing but sports? Gameplay only addicts right here.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#66mtjormitchPosted 12/15/2012 5:29:53 PM
I also dare everyone here to play Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon.

It is the saddest video game ever made. I cried OVER TEN DAMN TIMES!!! It is the Grave of the Fireflies of video games. You watch/play it once... then never watch/play it again so you don't have to go through such sadness again. It is in my top ten video games of all time.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#67Cantankerous12Posted 12/15/2012 5:31:57 PM
MGS3 is the only one so far. I really want to play LO but I only own a PS3.
---
PSN: Kev_048
#68Samp98518Posted 12/15/2012 5:59:29 PM(edited)
Mother 3 and Sonic Adventure.

EDIT: To explain Sonic Adventure, I'm talking about at the end of E-102's story when you beat the final boss (who is your older brother, E-101), and he hits you with one last shot that causes you and him to explode, ending your mission to kill all of the E-series, which means you just killed your 4 brothers and yourself. But in the end, the family of birds powering the robots is reunited at last. My favorite stages of the game, ended with the first time a main character dies on screen in a Sonic game. So much more touching than the vomit inducing love story of Sonic '06, I'm gagging at the cutscene's in the GameGrumps episodes.
---
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.
#69MasterShot2k5Posted 12/15/2012 5:33:43 PM
Nier
---
Haters gonna hate......
#70Zechs23Posted 12/15/2012 5:35:41 PM
Walkman_005 posted...
The only book/game/movie that has made me tear up was a movie I watched on netflix. Forget the name.

It was about a 14 year old girl who meets a 15 year old guy online who she falls in love with. Turns out when he meets her, he's 35.

He rapes her but she doesn't resist.

Really hit me deep.

That is messed up...