This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that made you cry

#71mtjormitchPosted 12/15/2012 6:39:04 PM
Zechs23 posted...
Walkman_005 posted...
The only book/game/movie that has made me tear up was a movie I watched on netflix. Forget the name.

It was about a 14 year old girl who meets a 15 year old guy online who she falls in love with. Turns out when he meets her, he's 35.

He rapes her but she doesn't resist.

Really hit me deep.

That is messed up...

I read all of Franken Fran in just a couple days... that crap is NOTHING compared to what I witnessed/read.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#72Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 12/15/2012 6:43:54 PM
Jpsyence77 posted...
jwhudexnls posted...
I never cried for a game, but i teared up a bit when i saw the one scene of gears 3. But nothing, and i mean nothing will ever make me cry more than marley and me!!!

I can't watch that movie. The few times I watched that flick I was sobbing through more than half of the movie. Just thinking about that movie, brings me to hug my own dogs uncontrollably. :)

I'm one of those people that NEVER cries and that stupid movie even made me cry. I don't even like dogs.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#73afrodude77Posted 12/15/2012 6:47:55 PM
The games never made cry but they did emotinally move me
Walking Dead
Red dead Redemption
Gears of War 3
---
We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthy than the night, more deadly than the dawn!
---
#74RikkettikPosted 12/15/2012 6:49:37 PM
It's actually not uncommon for me to tear up while watching more emotional scenes. I had tears in my eyes multiple times during Mass Effect 3 for example. But Persona 3 Portable takes the cake... The credits rolled, I put away my PSP, I hid my face in my hands and I cried. I cried for the first time in years. And it felt good, man.
#75mtjormitchPosted 12/15/2012 6:54:37 PM
Rikkettik posted...
It's actually not uncommon for me to tear up while watching more emotional scenes. I had tears in my eyes multiple times during Mass Effect 3 for example. But Persona 3 Portable takes the cake... The credits rolled, I put away my PSP, I hid my face in my hands and I cried. I cried for the first time in years. And it felt good, man.

"Don't worry, I'll always be by your side. Protecting you."

That got to me... three days later my own father died from cancer... so yeah... that game has a extra special place in my heart now.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#76HeyZeussPosted 12/15/2012 6:59:38 PM(edited)
I get really emotional when I'm either sick or really hungover, so there's a few cases I won't add here but could.

Breath of Fire II. First game to ever make me cry. When Rand's mother sacrifices herself by holding the walls back, so the party could get through...man that hit me when I was like, 12.

When Aeris dies in FF7. Also maybe Bugenhagen

Lost Odyssey most recently. Man I played that game a lot when I was really really sick, and holy crap I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life. Felt like a little girl.
#77all_that_juicePosted 12/15/2012 7:01:43 PM
Only ones I can remember right now are FFX and Gears 3.
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#78ChezDispenserPosted 12/15/2012 7:03:14 PM
The only thing that has ever made me cry was Titantic. Games are not that immersive, or have that good of stories.

Somewhere in his lair, Major Mitch just stirred.
---
Goddamn!
#79ChezDispenserPosted 12/15/2012 7:03:35 PM
Damn, I was too late with the joke.
---
Goddamn!
#80DanKiller7Posted 12/15/2012 7:04:19 PM
Crying for games.. just wow.
---
Collateral Shot! This is too easy..