This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1st person games that would be better in 3rd person

#1MrluzoPosted 12/15/2012 2:40:08 PM
Every single one of them. I am missing out on some class games, Borderlands series, Halo 4, Far Cry 3, Dishonored etc.

Why not make them 3rd person, I mean, no one really likes 1st person pov, do they? Okay, of course they do.

I have suffered a few 1st person games, COD 2 and 4, Half Life series and its spin offs on PC.

But as much as I want top play the list from above, just have not got the stomach for it. Why not make or include a 3rd person option, like Skyrim.

Would really like to play Borderlands and Dishonored, but would be a dizzy, disorientated shambles if I did.
#2pothocketPosted 12/15/2012 2:54:21 PM
Use right stick to look around, don't just look around the screen with your eyes. Your crosshair should always be where you're looking at. If you're looking all over the screen while moving around, of course you'll get motion sick.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3PStrifePosted 12/15/2012 4:18:01 PM
Trolling FPS gamers ain't the way to go about doing things. Are you the one responsible for Highlander: The Source?
#4SilentGamerGuyPosted 12/15/2012 4:22:07 PM
Mrluzo, one of my roommates has the same issue with FPS. I feel bad for him because he's missed out on quite a few good games because of it.
---
This, I COMMAND!!
#5dannyaqPosted 12/15/2012 4:56:48 PM
In B4 metroid prime.

also mirror's edge.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#6EmperorBlackPosted 12/15/2012 9:31:28 PM
Borderlands 2 for sure. I like the game the way that it is now, but it would be that much more enjoyable to me if 3rd person view was an option, especially considering that there is some bit of customization going on. Character customization is kind of silly and pointless when you can't see the character about 95% of the time.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
#7devlkorePosted 12/15/2012 10:00:53 PM
Mirrors Edge for sure.
Not played it, but Brink from what I've seen.
The Darkness (2), maybe.

I think at the very least for single player games, they should have an option to view in 3rd person.

As for Metroid Prime, I did enjoy the whole trilogy, but it's no Super Metroid, which was 3rd person, so in a way...

Metroid Prime (although it would have to be a completely different game).
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[AH3:Weiss(kinda, I'm still new)] [BBCS:Robo-Friends] [MVC3:Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel] [WFC:Scout/Scientist] [SF4:LOL]
#8TheBlueStigPosted 12/15/2012 10:57:43 PM
Mirror's Edge tops this list, it definitely should've been 3rd person.
#9pothocketPosted 12/16/2012 9:29:17 AM
The entire point of Mirror's Edge is that it was first person. The whole thing was an exercise in making an anti-FPS. The entire project is literally pointless if it's not in first person!

There are so few games in first person that aren't about pew pew killing people, you can't have ME. We need it as proof of concept that there's more to first person than guns. So pick another game, one that actually makes sense.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10Reel_Big_MikePosted 12/16/2012 9:37:34 AM
Mrluzo posted...
Every single one of them.

I 100% agree with this TC. I play a lot of FPS', but I personally would still rather each and every one of them be in third person.