This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just got Dark Souls as an early Christmas gift...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I just got Dark Souls as an early Christmas gift...

User Info: EternalNether

EternalNether
3 years ago#1
I've never played the Souls games. I know they're extremely hard, and I'm not the best gamer out there, but I've always had an interest in the series.

What can I expect? Tips/info appreciated here as I know very little about this game.
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV

User Info: Gwildor123

Gwildor123
3 years ago#2
If it takes you 50 hit to kill someone it means that you don't have a weapon on you.
This is Gwildor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKGCpeKlQQM

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
3 years ago#3
Be patient, it's not hard at all.
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma

User Info: mahgah91

mahgah91
3 years ago#4
It's about time really. If you can manage to dodge properly, you'll be fine.

User Info: LordChewbacca

LordChewbacca
3 years ago#5
Gwildor123 posted...
If it takes you 50 hit to kill someone it means that you don't have a weapon on you.

lol.

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
3 years ago#6
Shield up. Go slow. Roll roll roll.
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

User Info: EternalNether

EternalNether
3 years ago#7
Well so far I've died 4 times to the first boss. The first two I didn't realize I had to jump off the ledge before he destroyed it. The third time I did the special attack, then promptly got obliterated. The last time I realized it's safest to attack from behind, but when he had less than a hair left on his health bar, he killed me. I'm finding the camera to be a bit of a headache. I try to run circles around him to avoid his forward attacks, but half the time I can't see a damn thing.
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV

User Info: delux19

delux19
3 years ago#8
Gwildor123 posted...

As established, I had a weapon.

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
3 years ago#9
don't rush if you don't know the area.

*black knight waits around corner stroking his sword
*runs and turns corner and gets 1HitKO
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]

User Info: Eagles931

Eagles931
3 years ago#10
Just gotta be patient TC. You'll die a few times, don't forget you can summon folks around you to help you out through bosses and tough areas.
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I just got Dark Souls as an early Christmas gift...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived