This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just got Dark Souls as an early Christmas gift...

#11Pale HorsemanPosted 12/15/2012 8:54:15 PM
The bosses will kill you a couple times until you learn their patterns and when to go in and when to avoid them.

However, once you get to Pikachu and Snorlax good luck mate. One of the best boss fights I have ever had in my many years of gaming.
---
Tails82: Obama's cool
#12EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 9:10:52 PM
So far it's not too terribly hard. I'm having a hard time grasping all the controls (as there's so many with little time to adjust) and I can't seem to get the timing down with the whole parry/riposte thing, so I settle on blocking with my shield, then attacking, then raising my shield again. Is this a viable strategy for minor enemies throughout the entire game? I know bosses may be a different story. I only got up to the Fire Shrine or whatever and killed a few more skeletons. Leveled up, did something involving humanity and hollowing that I don't really understand (seriously, wtf is this?), then shut it down. I sadly have to work in the morning so I can't stay up any later than I already have.
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#13CammyApplePosted 12/15/2012 9:15:17 PM
EternalNether posted...
So far it's not too terribly hard. I'm having a hard time grasping all the controls (as there's so many with little time to adjust) and I can't seem to get the timing down with the whole parry/riposte thing, so I settle on blocking with my shield, then attacking, then raising my shield again. Is this a viable strategy for minor enemies throughout the entire game? I know bosses may be a different story. I only got up to the Fire Shrine or whatever and killed a few more skeletons. Leveled up, did something involving humanity and hollowing that I don't really understand (seriously, wtf is this?), then shut it down. I sadly have to work in the morning so I can't stay up any later than I already have.

as I posted blocking rolling and going slow will carry you through. Just take it slow and enjoy the ride. When you're done you'll look back and realize it wasn't nearly as hard as people want you to think.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#14AstronomerJakePosted 12/15/2012 9:17:02 PM
expect a mediocre game that is only unique because it tries to piss you off. Its not great design, just lazy and the same people who buy all dlc and worship these greedy publishers are the ones who says this lazily designed game is unique.
#15EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 9:18:24 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
expect a mediocre game that is only unique because it tries to piss you off. Its not great design, just lazy and the same people who buy all dlc and worship these greedy publishers are the ones who says this lazily designed game is unique.

You seem emotionally unstable. May I offer you a candy cane?
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#16mahgah91Posted 12/15/2012 9:27:24 PM
EternalNether posted...
Well so far I've died 4 times to the first boss. The first two I didn't realize I had to jump off the ledge before he destroyed it. The third time I did the special attack, then promptly got obliterated. The last time I realized it's safest to attack from behind, but when he had less than a hair left on his health bar, he killed me. I'm finding the camera to be a bit of a headache. I try to run circles around him to avoid his forward attacks, but half the time I can't see a damn thing.

First boss is hard, even when you get the timing down. But don't worry, once you get in the groove, it gets much more manageable. I went through about half the game without any deaths once I got the hang of it on my first run and it was a blast.

Enjoy the game, Don't give up. The game's atmosphere, from the hero's journey feel to the loneliness of your quest is great.
#17delux19Posted 12/15/2012 9:34:28 PM
EternalNether posted...
AstronomerJake posted...

You asked what to expect, he told you.
#18Deathx113Posted 12/15/2012 9:37:57 PM
delux19 posted...
EternalNether posted...
AstronomerJake posted...

You asked what to expect, he told you.

He asked what to expect not for a troll to come up with the best troll answer possible. >_>
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#19Deathx113Posted 12/15/2012 9:38:21 PM
AstronomerJake posted...

You must be terrible at the game.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#20OmegaFlare18Posted 12/15/2012 9:38:32 PM
for general tips, search a guy on youtube called Ithilion the Brave.

He did a full walkthrough of Demon's Souls as well and I don't know how far he got into this one but he does give a lot of helpful stuff as far as the game goes
---
PSN: MachineHero09
Steam ID: mystr_E