This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just got Dark Souls as an early Christmas gift...

#21delux19Posted 12/15/2012 10:37:16 PM
Deathx113 posted...
delux19 posted...
EternalNether posted...
AstronomerJake posted...
expect a mediocre game that is only unique because it tries to piss you off. Its not great design, just lazy and the same people who buy all dlc and worship these greedy publishers are the ones who says this lazily designed game is unique.

You seem emotionally unstable. May I offer you a candy cane?

You asked what to expect, he told you.

He asked what to expect not for a troll to come up with the best troll answer possible. >_>

He is a troll because his opinion of the game contradicts yours? He is allowed to think the game is mediocre.
#22CapnStankyPosted 12/15/2012 10:45:49 PM
EternalNether posted...
I've never played the Souls games. I know they're extremely hard, and I'm not the best gamer out there, but I've always had an interest in the series.

What can I expect? Tips/info appreciated here as I know very little about this game.

Don't expect the game to be incredibly hard. It's not. It just requires your constant attention. Also expect a lot of technical issues and god awful framerate problems.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#23Vaoris_KlawPosted 12/15/2012 10:54:42 PM
delux19 posted...
He is a troll because his opinion of the game contradicts yours? He is allowed to think the game is mediocre.

The only thing in his post that expresses an opinion is it being a mediocre game, everything else are inaccurate "facts". Hiding lies behind an opinion is a very troll thing to do.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#24EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 11:12:18 PM
CapnStanky posted...
EternalNether posted...
I've never played the Souls games. I know they're extremely hard, and I'm not the best gamer out there, but I've always had an interest in the series.

What can I expect? Tips/info appreciated here as I know very little about this game.

Don't expect the game to be incredibly hard. It's not. It just requires your constant attention. Also expect a lot of technical issues and god awful framerate problems.

Yeah, I hit my first framerate problems right after I got my first weapon. It was absurdly noticeable and I felt like I was watching a slideshow at times.

Honestly, if this game runs like this, then Dark Souls 2 has to be a next gen game, if what I'm hearing about its graphics are true.
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#25beautifuldreamsPosted 12/15/2012 11:17:38 PM
quit out when you need to pause to pee
listen to everything the characters have to say, there's very little wasted dialogue
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#26hak145Posted 12/15/2012 11:51:29 PM(edited)
delux19 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
delux19 posted...
EternalNether posted...
AstronomerJake posted...
expect a mediocre game that is only unique because it tries to piss you off. Its not great design, just lazy and the same people who buy all dlc and worship these greedy publishers are the ones who says this lazily designed game is unique.

You seem emotionally unstable. May I offer you a candy cane?

You asked what to expect, he told you.

He asked what to expect not for a troll to come up with the best troll answer possible. >_>

with so many people liking this game and so many positive reviews you cant say this game is bad without putting " i dont understand how.." or "in my opinion". He said expect a mediocre game, paraded it as fact, and then made an oversweeping generalization insulting everyone who loves this game. Yea, hes trolling
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#27koichiPosted 12/15/2012 11:58:23 PM
Delux19? oh man this guy xD
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#28656stoogePosted 12/16/2012 12:01:54 AM
Biggest tips-

*DON'T make a jack of all trades character. Pick two or three stats and stick to them. Ignore resistance entirely.

*Pick a weapon you like and upgrade it. Damage boosts come from upgrading weapons and not from the strength stat.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#29delux19Posted 12/16/2012 12:18:23 AM
koichi posted...
Delux19? oh man this guy xD

Go on.
#30Link43130Posted 12/16/2012 12:53:59 AM
if you're getting frame rate problems outside of a few select areas then your xbox is probably dieing lol
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130