This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?
(message deleted)

User Info: Athos_Tau

Athos_Tau
4 years ago#12
I only pay full price when I pre order stuff if it has good bonuses with, other than that I only buy used games.

User Info: Sipher360

Sipher360
4 years ago#13
Arevin posted...
Would never buy games at full price anymore. Games are discounted about 1-2 weeks later.

I was thinking the same thing when I was in the store today. I've made a killing this gen by simply waiting a month or so (backlog keeps me busy anyway).

Give it a month or so after release and you can find most releases discounted 20 bucks or so.

Fry's had Halo 4 this week for $39.99. Pretty typical these days.
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
4 years ago#14
videogameking33 posted...
Usually wait for price drops but if it's a developer I support or game I really want I will buy it at full price.

^^^^ This.

I only bought one game "day 1" this year, XCOM because I wanted to be able to play it as soon as I could, and also because I like Firaxis as a developer.
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child

User Info: bigphil2003

bigphil2003
4 years ago#15
Hitman has dropped to half price in less than a month. I'd be angry if I paid full price.
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie

User Info: pyrokinesis666

pyrokinesis666
4 years ago#16
money is not an issue for me. plus i only buy 4 or 5 games a year

User Info: Vivi0198

Vivi0198
4 years ago#17
Arevin posted...
Would never buy games at full price anymore. Games are discounted about 1-2 weeks later.

Because I'm not poor like you.
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
4 years ago#18
If it's a game I really want and a company I want to support, sure.

"Castlevania: Lords of Shadow II", "God of War: Ascension" and "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" are already on my list. GOW is limited and I would easily pre-order LOS2 LE or whatever it's called once I know what it has and how much it costs.
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world

User Info: higherflyerJ

higherflyerJ
4 years ago#19
randomweirdo posted...
Not always, some games take forever to drop in price and/or rarely go on sale. But if it's a game I really want from a developer I really like, I'd be glad to pay full price to support them.

Same here. If it's a game I really, really want and/or want to support one of my favorite developers (we need to do this now more than ever) I'll gladly pay $60 on day one, maybe even more for the limited edition. If it's a game I want but can wait til a price drop I will. If it's a game I want now but do not want to support the developer because of their business practices, I'll just buy it used when it's around $40 or so.

User Info: CyhortI82

CyhortI82
4 years ago#20
So I don't have to wait, duh. Why would I wait months to play a game I've been waiting for for months just to save 20 bucks?
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived