This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?

#21BeefEasterPosted 12/17/2012 3:08:39 AM
because I'm not a cheap bastard and I like to play the games I want as soon as they're released
#22KillaBeAtPosted 12/17/2012 3:20:18 AM
If I'm interested in a game, I'd rather spend the extra 20 bucks to support the developer and play my game than wait 2-4 weeks in the hope that I can get $10-20 off.

By the way, I love the post above me that indicates that money saved is money earned. We have such strange sentiments when it comes to money here.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#23PantherRiderPosted 12/17/2012 3:22:46 AM
higherflyerJ posted...
randomweirdo posted...
Not always, some games take forever to drop in price and/or rarely go on sale. But if it's a game I really want from a developer I really like, I'd be glad to pay full price to support them.

Same here. If it's a game I really, really want and/or want to support one of my favorite developers (we need to do this now more than ever) I'll gladly pay $60 on day one, maybe even more for the limited edition. If it's a game I want but can wait til a price drop I will. If it's a game I want now but do not want to support the developer because of their business practices, I'll just buy it used when it's around $40 or so.

Bethesda has forever lost me as buying there "special editions" withthat crap they pulled with the crappy alduin statue that came with Skyrim.... poc was plastic not ceramic...
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#24majinbuu58Posted 12/17/2012 3:24:09 AM
To support the developers and because it's worth it. I buy most games new and on release day. Even games I'm not too interested in (Farcry 3 and Black Ops 2 come to mind..).

Stop being cheap and killing the industry.
#25JenniferTatePosted 12/17/2012 4:28:19 AM
I only buy brand new and day one every so often these days, so it's not a huge deal to me. Back when I bought a game or two a week, I'd look for deals, but I tend to buy a new release maybe once every two months now. And that's more because there's not much out I want anymore; growing older, interest waning, I couldn't tell you.

More than happy to throw $100 at Tomb Raider and $60 at Bioshock next spring.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#26ObtikPosted 12/17/2012 4:42:18 AM
I always get games on release day, never for $59.99, always for $39.99, either through Amazon, Gamer Club Unlocked, or pretty much anywhere that isn't Gamestop or Walmart.
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#27LapanuiPosted 12/17/2012 4:54:18 AM
Some games I can justify spending 40 or more on. I actually bought a lot of games this year on release day for full price which I wished I hadn't. It didn't occur to me how much I actually spent this year on game related items.

Next year will be different though. I plan on buying brand new game on release day each month, even though there are several games being released on certain months that I would of bought before I knew how much I spent this year. This will give me a chance to play these new games properly and when I am finished with them, I can get those other games at a reduced price plus use ShopTo points to lower the price a bit more.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#28vigorm0rtisPosted 12/17/2012 5:14:00 AM
I don't have a backlog and do have the money.

And if $60 is too much now, lube up. I expect a price bump next gen.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#29Deathx113Posted 12/17/2012 5:32:32 AM
Is it even possible to buy a full priced game for less than $60?
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#30stapler87Posted 12/17/2012 5:45:27 AM
When I was younger, I "had" to have certain games the day they came out. Considering the amount of entertainment and joy I got out of playing them, it was often worth it to me to pay the full price and get it on or soon after release.

Now, I don't have quite as much time to play and the backlog's been accumulating for a while. It's easier on my wallet to buy a game for $20 or $30 that I missed out on in the past than it is to buy a new one for full price.

If I pay $60 for a game these days, it REALLY interests and, or, I really want to support the developer and pay the full price.

I'll also buy some games that I primarily play for multiplayer when they're still full price because I like to be on when the community is most active. Games don't seem to stay populated the way they used to...
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin