This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?

User Info: BeefEaster

4 years ago#21
because I'm not a cheap bastard and I like to play the games I want as soon as they're released

User Info: KillaBeAt

4 years ago#22
If I'm interested in a game, I'd rather spend the extra 20 bucks to support the developer and play my game than wait 2-4 weeks in the hope that I can get $10-20 off.

By the way, I love the post above me that indicates that money saved is money earned. We have such strange sentiments when it comes to money here.
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.

User Info: PantherRider

4 years ago#23
higherflyerJ posted...
randomweirdo posted...
Not always, some games take forever to drop in price and/or rarely go on sale. But if it's a game I really want from a developer I really like, I'd be glad to pay full price to support them.

Same here. If it's a game I really, really want and/or want to support one of my favorite developers (we need to do this now more than ever) I'll gladly pay $60 on day one, maybe even more for the limited edition. If it's a game I want but can wait til a price drop I will. If it's a game I want now but do not want to support the developer because of their business practices, I'll just buy it used when it's around $40 or so.

Bethesda has forever lost me as buying there "special editions" withthat crap they pulled with the crappy alduin statue that came with Skyrim.... poc was plastic not ceramic...
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**

User Info: majinbuu58

4 years ago#24
To support the developers and because it's worth it. I buy most games new and on release day. Even games I'm not too interested in (Farcry 3 and Black Ops 2 come to mind..).

Stop being cheap and killing the industry.

User Info: JenniferTate

4 years ago#25
I only buy brand new and day one every so often these days, so it's not a huge deal to me. Back when I bought a game or two a week, I'd look for deals, but I tend to buy a new release maybe once every two months now. And that's more because there's not much out I want anymore; growing older, interest waning, I couldn't tell you.

More than happy to throw $100 at Tomb Raider and $60 at Bioshock next spring.
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders

User Info: Obtik

4 years ago#26
I always get games on release day, never for $59.99, always for $39.99, either through Amazon, Gamer Club Unlocked, or pretty much anywhere that isn't Gamestop or Walmart.
XBL GT: l Mentu l

User Info: Lapanui

4 years ago#27
Some games I can justify spending 40 or more on. I actually bought a lot of games this year on release day for full price which I wished I hadn't. It didn't occur to me how much I actually spent this year on game related items.

Next year will be different though. I plan on buying brand new game on release day each month, even though there are several games being released on certain months that I would of bought before I knew how much I spent this year. This will give me a chance to play these new games properly and when I am finished with them, I can get those other games at a reduced price plus use ShopTo points to lower the price a bit more.
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu

User Info: vigorm0rtis

4 years ago#28
I don't have a backlog and do have the money.

And if $60 is too much now, lube up. I expect a price bump next gen.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF

User Info: Deathx113

4 years ago#29
Is it even possible to buy a full priced game for less than $60?
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"

User Info: stapler87

4 years ago#30
When I was younger, I "had" to have certain games the day they came out. Considering the amount of entertainment and joy I got out of playing them, it was often worth it to me to pay the full price and get it on or soon after release.

Now, I don't have quite as much time to play and the backlog's been accumulating for a while. It's easier on my wallet to buy a game for $20 or $30 that I missed out on in the past than it is to buy a new one for full price.

If I pay $60 for a game these days, it REALLY interests and, or, I really want to support the developer and pay the full price.

I'll also buy some games that I primarily play for multiplayer when they're still full price because I like to be on when the community is most active. Games don't seem to stay populated the way they used to...
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived