This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would you buy full priced games for $59.99?

#41LimbicPosted 12/17/2012 6:18:05 AM
I've also noticed that b/c of Netlfix I'm becoming less likely to go to the theater, and I love movies. ;p
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#42Solid SonicPosted 12/17/2012 6:19:54 AM
I've also noticed that b/c of Netlfix I'm becoming less likely to go to the theater, and I love movies. ;p

Pfft, I never use Netflix for movies, it seems.

I'm more watching shows that I don't see on TV either due to schedule or not getting the channel (or just being plain canceled).

Their movie selection on stream leaves much to be desired.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#43ILikesCheesePosted 12/17/2012 6:30:50 AM
I really grow tired of the "I support the developer" argument in threads of this nature.

At what point do you folks NOT support the developer anymore? If games rose to $70? $80?? $100??? Just because you like a game and the company that makes it is not a good enough reason to continue to purchase products at overly inflated prices.

$60 is just too expensive of a price in the marketplace for 90% of the games offered. This has nothing to do with personal wealth. I love Dishonored to death, and I bought it brand new. But after finishing the game in 10 hours, not wishing to do a second playthrough, and there being no online component to continue playing, I regret my purchase. Don't get me wrong, the game is great. It's just not worth the $60 pricetag for the amount of gameplay on offer.

This is why I am SOOOO glad the secondary market exists and serivces like Gamefly are available. If (when) we see a move to complete DD or a lockout of used games, we will also see an implosion of the gaming market similar in scope to 1984 unless prices are not so ridiculously high.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#44chrcolPosted 12/17/2012 6:41:53 AM
I would say stupid to buy at full price but there is one problem.

Developers trap people with exclusive content that is only available to those who buy early.

To people like CyhortI82 to many of us 20bucks is a lot of cash, I eg. probably have 20-50gbp spare every few months to spend on entertainent, I can get 3 discounted games instead of 1 full priced game.

The pattern I see is games usually either stay overpriced forever due to stubborn publisher, in this situation they usually just get removed of the market when sales dry up or they drop in price fairly quickly within 1-2 months. Since I always have games to play its no big deal waiting, (currently I have 11 games not played yet plus 7 unplayed pc games). One reason is I tend to keep playing old games over and over that I rate highly.
#45diablogamerPosted 12/17/2012 6:48:04 AM
Because I want to support the developer if I feel they deserve it. If everyone was so selfish that they waited till every game was in the bargin bin or worse just pirates everything it would destroy the gaming industry no gaming industry = no games.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#46DahlVaughnniPosted 12/17/2012 7:17:47 AM
I got Assassin's Creed Revelations about a week after release for $19.99 new sealed, signature edition haha.

Catherine? Still $59.99 and it's two years old, and is not a Mario game, and didn't sell a ton. The hell?
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#47ILikesCheesePosted 12/17/2012 7:28:54 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
I really grow tired of the "I support the developer" argument in threads of this nature

diablogamer posted...
Because I want to support the developer if I feel they deserve it. If everyone was so selfish that they waited till every game was in the bargin bin or worse just pirates everything it would destroy the gaming industry no gaming industry.

That didn't take long.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#48Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 12/17/2012 7:37:27 AM
Is it even possible to buy a full priced game for less than $60?

Lol
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#49summerclawPosted 12/17/2012 7:44:39 AM
Depends of the publisher. Or the day 1 goodies.

Some companies offer the first DLC free, or the Gamestop toy-map-skins are too good to pass out. Anyway you can just keep paying 5 bucks out of every check until the games release, that's how I got Sonic Racing Transform. But I don't buy a lot of games.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#50darealest47Posted 12/17/2012 7:53:15 AM
Games used to be $70 to $80.
People who are saying they're poor are the same people that walk around woth dres beats and iPods/iPhones.
59.99 is nothing
Get a job.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec