This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

#1TheMcKnightMarePosted 12/17/2012 9:39:31 AM
Topic
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare
#2SunDevil77Posted 12/17/2012 9:42:14 AM
Because of Xbox Live, all my friends have 360's, multiplats running better, the controller, bigger fan of the exclusives, XBLA, quick updates.

Still like my PS3 plenty, but not nearly as much.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#3Last VampirePosted 12/17/2012 9:43:10 AM
I own both and choose 360 most of the time because I like the controller better. It just feels tighter and more natural than the PS3 controller.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#4HajimeNoIppoPosted 12/17/2012 9:45:47 AM
Controller.
Live.
8/10 the Multi Platform games play better.
#5godplaysSNESPosted 12/17/2012 9:46:21 AM
I don't

Once you get a somewhat decent PC, there's almost no reason to get a 360 instead of a PS3/Wii anymore
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 12/17/2012 9:46:37 AM
Controller.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7CapwnDPosted 12/17/2012 9:47:15 AM
Exclusives, Xbox Live. Controller and Achievements.
---
Thrash Zone
#8TheArcadePosted 12/17/2012 9:48:02 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Because of Xbox Live, all my friends have 360's, multiplats running better, the controller, bigger fan of the exclusives, XBLA, quick updates.

What he said, although I do want a Playstation so I could play JoJo All Stars.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#9Frisco557Posted 12/17/2012 9:50:48 AM(edited)
The controller is more comfortable, even if the d-pad sucks
UI is much easier to use and it has more user-friendly features
Getting to playing a new game is quickly because of the faster internet and no required installs
USB port is still powered when console is off. It's really annoying that you can't charge your PS3 controller on your PS3 unless the console is on.
Options for controller batteries. The 360 controller can use MS specific batteries, a USB cord(play and charge cable), alkaline AAs, or rechargeable AAs like my eneloops. PS3 can only use the internal battery or USB cord.
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
#10JKSonicPosted 12/17/2012 9:51:03 AM
Controller has a lot to do with it. I honestly don't understand how anybody with "normal" adult sized American hands can say that the PS3's controller is better than the 360's in any way except for the d-pad. And even then the d-pad isn't THAT great. Then even if you have small hand some things are just terrible, like the slippy mushroom shaped analog sticks and the absolutely horrible triggers.

Also LIVE and all aspects of it. XBLA is overall better than PSN (though I do miss the more artsy games like Flower or Journey), demos are required for everything (on XBLA), there seems to be more demos for more big releases, the indie (or mini) section is far bigger and far better on XBL), chatting is better, online games are generally set up better...etc....

Lately I find that I enjoy more Xbox exclusives than I do PS ones. I think the best experiences on the PS3 have been the games that are barely games, like Heavy Rain.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."