This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?
3 years ago#101
Really, the controller is the reason for lots of people? That surprised me.

I don't have much experience with either 360 or PS3 as I almost exclusively play PC and handheld this generation, but at a gathering me and my friends played Street Fighters 4 on a 360 and could barely bust out any specials in time let along super moves. It just felt so awkward. We gave up and moved to MvC3 on a PS3 and were comboing and spamming specials and supers with ease.

Does the 360 controller get better once you get more used to it or something? Or is it mostly just better for shooters?
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
3 years ago#102
Most of my friends are on XBox Live and I prefer the controller over the PS3s. I do love my PS3 but I love the XBox just a bit more. Oh and Skyrim DLC. <-- not a troll statement, I wish my PS3 friends had it so we could share Skyrim DLC adventure stories.
3 years ago#103
BlueswordsX posted...
Really, the controller is the reason for lots of people? That surprised me.

I don't have much experience with either 360 or PS3 as I almost exclusively play PC and handheld this generation, but at a gathering me and my friends played Street Fighters 4 on a 360 and could barely bust out any specials in time let along super moves. It just felt so awkward. We gave up and moved to MvC3 on a PS3 and were comboing and spamming specials and supers with ease.

Does the 360 controller get better once you get more used to it or something? Or is it mostly just better for shooters?

I don't think the controller gets better, but it's more like the PS pad is better for fighting games and the 360 pad is better for everything else especially shooters
3 years ago#104
Better online exprience, better control design, more preffered games.
---
You can make the most of life by focusing on the positives in life rather than the negatives.
3 years ago#105
I find it funny that a number of people list downloads speeds as a reason. Have you even used PSN within the last year? Xbox Live has turned to utter garbage and is so freaking slow now it's nearly unusable. And what make's it so bad is it seem's to go down on a weekly basis as well as being painfully slow and yet so many people still pay for it. I was able to download NBA2k13 on PSN (full game 6.1gb) in less amount of time then I was able to download the Forza Horizon demo (2gb I beleive). Ever since the new Ad/App filled dashboard Xbox Live has gotten worst and worst.
3 years ago#106
Controller and interface. Also Live.
---
Gamertag: LeB1anc
PSN: TheLeBlanc
3 years ago#107
NightDrifter05 posted...
I find it funny that a number of people list downloads speeds as a reason. Have you even used PSN within the last year? Xbox Live has turned to utter garbage and is so freaking slow now it's nearly unusable. And what make's it so bad is it seem's to go down on a weekly basis as well as being painfully slow and yet so many people still pay for it. I was able to download NBA2k13 on PSN (full game 6.1gb) in less amount of time then I was able to download the Forza Horizon demo (2gb I beleive). Ever since the new Ad/App filled dashboard Xbox Live has gotten worst and worst.

I believe that would be your connection, sir.
XBL has only gotten faster for me.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
3 years ago#108

Network, yours is wrong.
---
Thrash Zone
3 years ago#109
Better controller, internet service, interface, support(not a huge difference here...), and multiplatform games.

I still love my PS3 but all it's really good for is exclusives, the category in which it absolutely destroys the 360.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
3 years ago#110
I still love my PS3 but all it's really good for is exclusives, the category in which it absolutely destroys the 360.

Not in my library. There's only a handful of PS3 exclusives that I like.
---
Thrash Zone
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived