This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

#31DolphLundgrennnPosted 12/17/2012 11:34:57 AM
Friends.
#32CrimsonCorpPosted 12/17/2012 11:35:56 AM
I have both. I've had the 360 for 4 years before the PS3, so most of my gaming library is for 360. I prefer the 360.

But, i'm slowly shifting my online gaming to PS3. Love that free multiplayer. It's too bad i'm a big Halo nut, otherwise I would completely stop buying Gold...
---
"No world shall be beyond my rule; No enemy shall be beyond my wrath" - The Emperor of Mankind
#33silverbulltPosted 12/17/2012 11:36:54 AM
X360 is considerably more polished than the PS3 where it matters most. Games, Online, Controller ergonomics, Digital Distribution and Localization. This in my region ofc, NA.

About only thing I see the PS3 doing better is media playback.

I have a PS3 and it collects dust 90% of the time. Will turn it on again for a couple of weeks once The Last of Us comes out then it will go right back to collecting dust.
#34darealest47Posted 12/17/2012 11:40:41 AM
As owner of both I'd say the Xbox Live clearly better than psn, multiplatform indefinitely plays better on 360. Nobody plays resistance or killzone and even if they did the games themselves doesn't match halo. As for uncharted I think the game is very overrated (gears of war is overrated too) but I love Littlebigplanet. So I believe xbox has the superior online and the superior shooter even though halo WAS suppose to be a playstation game.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#35symachPosted 12/17/2012 11:44:09 AM
Easily better exclusives for me, Splinter Cell, Halo, and Gears I love em all. Ive played all of the big PS3 exclusives and was bored to tears with all of them (God of War, Killzone, Resistance, infamous, Little big planet, etc) with the exception of Heavy Rain which I absolutely loved loved loved and would buy in a heart beat if it came to the 360. I will say Uncharted 2 was good, but Uncharted 3 was a train wreck. Also loathe the dual shock, I simply cannot play with it, so the 360 controller would be another reason. And lastly the 3d arty games, the vast majority of them look and play far better on the 360, Skyrim is one of my fav games and I understand it is borderline broken on the PS3. Online is a non factor for me since I really don't care for co op, im in it fr the solo exp. I guess you could also say Kinect, my kids love Kinect they are too little to handle a controller or even a wiimote with much dexterity but they can do the Kinect and they love it.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#36Arucard05Posted 12/17/2012 11:44:56 AM
I don't.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#37TheArcadePosted 12/17/2012 11:49:41 AM
I do.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#38NejiHyuga900Posted 12/17/2012 11:51:58 AM
I chose an Xbox 360 because I was a Halo fan back when I had the Xbox original. But I am slowly turning back into a Nintendo gamer (I got a 3DS (before price drop so I am a Nintendo Ambassador) and a Wii U and I am planning on getting Wii accessories for my Wii U and some Wii games that I would enjoy that I missed over the years).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam name: NejiHyuga900
#39zooknutPosted 12/17/2012 11:53:29 AM
I dont
#40Arucard05Posted 12/17/2012 11:55:23 AM
To clarify, I don't know if I could say I prefer one over the other either way. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. PS3 has a substantially better library of exclusive retail games, while the 360 has an equally substantially better library of downloadable exclusive games. LIVE is better than PSN, but you have to pay for it, I don't play online at all anyway, and the dashboard is mostly ads. I like the 360 controller more. I like the Trophy level system more than the Gamerscore system.

They're both good. But if I had to choose, Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza, and Uncharted make a damn persuasive argument.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.