This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

#71GeistPosted 12/17/2012 1:37:20 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Also when you see all those ads on Xbox live is a shame, cause you pay for the service. Yet on Playstation you don't even get ads and its free. I'll admit I got duped when I brought an xbox 360, but halo reach looked really awesome so I got one just because of that game.

Don't lie. I too have a PS3, adds are the first thing you see when you turn it on.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#72Fou LuPosted 12/17/2012 1:39:36 PM
You can install games to reduce loading times, which also makes the console run silent.

You can mute talkers, not just individually but the option to mute every single person who isn't on your friend list.

Downloading a game takes less time, and then you don't have to install it, it's automatically ready to play.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#73HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/17/2012 1:40:23 PM
Sony went the "no games" route and half-assed most of their products this gen and 2012 has been the definition of that on the Playstation side.

Half-finished games and PSN titles forced into retail, Vita abandoned. Xbox 360 has given me a blockbuster with incredibly strong communities every year on the year since 2006. Plus the best console version of most games.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#74Perfect LightPosted 12/17/2012 1:40:43 PM
The controller, achievements, multiplats look and run better, and the interface.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
#75UnderratedGamerPosted 12/17/2012 1:50:08 PM
i prefer every system over the PS3. Even the Atari Jaguar. Even the Virtual Boy. Even the Game Gear. All those had more of an excitement factor than the PS3.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#76GiezusPosted 12/17/2012 2:02:14 PM
Like most people, the controller is a big preference for me. Also, growing up with Xbox and PS2, I prefered the majority of the Multiplayer games the Xbox had (Halo 2, Mechassault, the PSO remake) to the PS2's large single-player based games, so I just got a 360 thinking things would play out the same way.

Oh yeah, and then there was that whole "Sorry we didn't do our best to protect your personal information and ended up shutting down our online services for 1-1/2 months. But you can have a free medicore game as our gift to you for free!" thing Sony did. After something like that it's hard to trust a company. Granted, 360's RROD probably isn't any better, but I have yet to experience one.

So that's why I prefer Xbox over Playstation.
---
MHFU - Kaius (HR9; Hunting Horn, Dual Blades, Lance)
#77gamertylersPosted 12/17/2012 2:18:44 PM
The main reason is because of party chat, so I can talk to my friends, most of whom don't own a computer that can run games made after 2000. Two of my friends can barely run Diablo 2, so there isn't much option for PC gaming with them.

If we could all game on the PC, I don't see why we wouldn't, besides Xbox exclusives.
#78JenniferTatePosted 12/17/2012 2:19:54 PM
I admit I only got the 360 because PS3 was out of stock when Circuit City was liquidating them.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#79pots555Posted 12/17/2012 2:27:40 PM
controller
#80dm120Posted 12/17/2012 2:42:08 PM
they both garbage, i prefer a pc. if i had to choose it would be the ps3, xbox controller feels lame, and the fact that u have to pay to play online jus suqs, plus the blu ray feature is nice...
---
FYL!!!!! THATS ALL.....