This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

#91phillyeagles123Posted 12/17/2012 4:15:21 PM
Xbox Live, Halo, controller, and most of my friends have an Xbox 360 but not a PS3.
#92DarkMasterShakePosted 12/17/2012 4:15:57 PM
TrickyPony posted...
DarkMasterShake posted...
Aww man what a horrible idea for a topic...

Mine as well be called "What's YOUR excuse for being a fanboy?"

A lot of these aren't fanboy reasons though, they're opinions. Same as the reasons in the other topic on the PS3 board. Sure some are, but a lot of the reasons given are reasonable.

Some are, some seem pretty biased imo
---
Indianapolis Colts: 9-4
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#93CapwnDPosted 12/17/2012 4:16:46 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Also when you see all those ads on Xbox live is a shame, cause you pay for the service. Yet on Playstation you don't even get ads and its free. I'll admit I got duped when I brought an xbox 360, but halo reach looked really awesome so I got one just because of that game.

Don't lie. I too have a PS3, adds are the first thing you see when you turn it on.

I was wondering if anybody was going to correct some of the idiotic things people were saying.
---
Thrash Zone
#94bigdaddyjh2002Posted 12/17/2012 4:24:16 PM

Don't you mean "MIGHT" as well? Unless you're jumping on mines...as well.

Anyway, the indie games that are usually free and some games that I can't get on PS3. (Otomedius Excellent and ToV in particular)
---
NO, I DIDN'T BREAK THE VASE!! Oh, you weren't calling me for that? Live tag & PSN: Grandiaplayer
#95DarkMasterShakePosted 12/17/2012 4:28:43 PM
bigdaddyjh2002 posted...

Anyway, the indie games that are usually free and some games that I can't get on PS3. (Otomedius Excellent and ToV in particular)

HAHAHA

Any way I have to say paying for Live is ridiculous (why am I paying to see ads?), and I wish the exclusives and games in general were more varied...I mean seriously why that much moola advertising Halo 4 like it needed it at all...

Other then that Xbox is cool with me, I like the controllers better but only because there something new.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 9-4
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#96WhiteBaitKentPosted 12/17/2012 4:30:48 PM
I don't prefer one over the other. I bought an Xbox 360 because of Lost Odyssey and Bayonetta and at the time I had a good deal on a brand new Slim console. I hope to get a PS3 as well sometime in the near future.
#97MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/17/2012 4:33:44 PM
I own both the PS3 and X360.

- I got the X360 first back in spring 2006.
- When games are released on both systems, I seem to gravitate more towards the X360.
- Not a selling point, or even that important, but I like Achievements more than trophies.
- More shoot em ups (spaceship, etc. vs. a million bullets on screen) on the X360.
- XBLA has a ton of variety compared to the PSN store. Lots of awesome games there.

There are a few rare cases where I prefer the PS3 version of something. Dark Souls for instance, and that's because Demon's Souls came out on it and the controller feels more natural to me for that game.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#98Pro_TacticianPosted 12/17/2012 4:36:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#99MertensCWPosted 12/17/2012 4:58:28 PM
First, Controller, games, initial price difference and Online. Now just controller and games apply.

To simplify it even further. The only game for PS3 i want to play is MGS4. Not enough of a reason to buy one.

Its also funny how a controller matters so much, but it does. I recall having very negative opinions of these consoles (N64, DC and Xbox) due to their controllers.

Though the Xbox redeemed itself with the S-controller. Not surprisingly, its the only one of the three i purchased during its run and not after.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#100SunDevil77Posted 12/17/2012 5:01:55 PM
bigdaddyjh2002 posted...

HAHAHA

Any way I have to say paying for Live is ridiculous (why am I paying to see ads?), and I wish the exclusives and games in general were more varied...I mean seriously why that much moola advertising Halo 4 like it needed it at all...

Other then that Xbox is cool with me, I like the controllers better but only because there something new.

they're*
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.