This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?
4 years ago#91
Xbox Live, Halo, controller, and most of my friends have an Xbox 360 but not a PS3.
4 years ago#92
TrickyPony posted...
DarkMasterShake posted...
Aww man what a horrible idea for a topic...

Mine as well be called "What's YOUR excuse for being a fanboy?"

A lot of these aren't fanboy reasons though, they're opinions. Same as the reasons in the other topic on the PS3 board. Sure some are, but a lot of the reasons given are reasonable.

Some are, some seem pretty biased imo
Indianapolis Colts: 9-4
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
4 years ago#93
CaliberChamp posted...
Also when you see all those ads on Xbox live is a shame, cause you pay for the service. Yet on Playstation you don't even get ads and its free. I'll admit I got duped when I brought an xbox 360, but halo reach looked really awesome so I got one just because of that game.

Don't lie. I too have a PS3, adds are the first thing you see when you turn it on.

I was wondering if anybody was going to correct some of the idiotic things people were saying.
Thrash Zone
4 years ago#94

Don't you mean "MIGHT" as well? Unless you're jumping on mines...as well.

Anyway, the indie games that are usually free and some games that I can't get on PS3. (Otomedius Excellent and ToV in particular)
NO, I DIDN'T BREAK THE VASE!! Oh, you weren't calling me for that? Live tag & PSN: Grandiaplayer
4 years ago#95
bigdaddyjh2002 posted...

Anyway, the indie games that are usually free and some games that I can't get on PS3. (Otomedius Excellent and ToV in particular)

HAHAHA

Any way I have to say paying for Live is ridiculous (why am I paying to see ads?), and I wish the exclusives and games in general were more varied...I mean seriously why that much moola advertising Halo 4 like it needed it at all...

Other then that Xbox is cool with me, I like the controllers better but only because there something new.
Indianapolis Colts: 9-4
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
4 years ago#96
I don't prefer one over the other. I bought an Xbox 360 because of Lost Odyssey and Bayonetta and at the time I had a good deal on a brand new Slim console. I hope to get a PS3 as well sometime in the near future.
4 years ago#97
I own both the PS3 and X360.

- I got the X360 first back in spring 2006.
- When games are released on both systems, I seem to gravitate more towards the X360.
- Not a selling point, or even that important, but I like Achievements more than trophies.
- More shoot em ups (spaceship, etc. vs. a million bullets on screen) on the X360.
- XBLA has a ton of variety compared to the PSN store. Lots of awesome games there.

There are a few rare cases where I prefer the PS3 version of something. Dark Souls for instance, and that's because Demon's Souls came out on it and the controller feels more natural to me for that game.
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
(message deleted)
4 years ago#99
First, Controller, games, initial price difference and Online. Now just controller and games apply.

To simplify it even further. The only game for PS3 i want to play is MGS4. Not enough of a reason to buy one.

Its also funny how a controller matters so much, but it does. I recall having very negative opinions of these consoles (N64, DC and Xbox) due to their controllers.

Though the Xbox redeemed itself with the S-controller. Not surprisingly, its the only one of the three i purchased during its run and not after.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
4 years ago#100
bigdaddyjh2002 posted...

HAHAHA

Any way I have to say paying for Live is ridiculous (why am I paying to see ads?), and I wish the exclusives and games in general were more varied...I mean seriously why that much moola advertising Halo 4 like it needed it at all...

Other then that Xbox is cool with me, I like the controllers better but only because there something new.

they're*
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do YOU prefer Xbox over Playstation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived