This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 12/17/2012 11:04:36 PM
With the recent tragety do you think the government will pass a law preventing the creation of violent games.

We all know games dont make people kill but poiliticians and the media think they do.

It wouldnt surprise me if a law was passed.

if games made one person kill it would make all of us kill.

im just sick and tired of the damn government and all the news people blaming violent videogames for evil people doing evil things, when they have nothing to do with violent behavior in real life
#2Robin_MaskPosted 12/17/2012 11:06:30 PM
No
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#3arrseeteePosted 12/17/2012 11:09:39 PM
C/D: TC is looking for attention.
---
Happy Holidays Faqs :D
#4BudWisenheimerPosted 12/17/2012 11:09:51 PM
D. Let them complain. It changes nothing.
#5richisdisturbedPosted 12/17/2012 11:11:00 PM
Make guns less accesible & problem solved.

They can't ban violent video games IMO as then they'd have to ban violent films & music.
Songs affect my mood way more than a game or movie ever has (Bar FF7 of course) - Music has made me want to fight people, no game has ever made me want to go out & shoot people in the face.

The only recurring thing I see about these shootings you have in the states, the killer always looks a little unhinged mentally. Add guns into the mix & of course you have a recipe for disaster. But guns will never be banned in America as it's built into the foundations of your constitution/
---
Gamertag - richisdisturbed
http://soundcloud.com/richisdisturbed
#6BeefEasterPosted 12/18/2012 12:00:38 AM
D

it's just not possible

we live in a democracy with a bill of rights to protect our freedoms

if any of those rights are taken away then the citizens of the united states have the ability to abolish the current government
#7nintendogamer13Posted 12/18/2012 12:07:48 AM
have they even proved that the shooter was a gamer? I need a link here!
#8randomweirdoPosted 12/18/2012 12:07:58 AM
richisdisturbed posted...
Make guns less accesible & problem solved.

They can't ban violent video games IMO as then they'd have to ban violent films & music.
Songs affect my mood way more than a game or movie ever has (Bar FF7 of course) - Music has made me want to fight people, no game has ever made me want to go out & shoot people in the face.

The only recurring thing I see about these shootings you have in the states, the killer always looks a little unhinged mentally. Add guns into the mix & of course you have a recipe for disaster. But guns will never be banned in America as it's built into the foundations of your constitution/

Making guns less accessible will not solve the problem any more than banning violent video games will. The nutcases who think it is a great idea to start shooting in a school will still find a way to obtain a gun to do so. All that stricter gun controls accomplish is making more people defenseless against criminals.
#9SheepinatorPosted 12/18/2012 12:12:49 AM
nintendogamer13 posted...
have they even proved that the shooter was a gamer? I need a link here!

Wouldn't the big news be that a young man isn't a gamer?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10jakisthePosted 12/18/2012 1:43:29 AM
D, reason being: nice kneejerk reaction.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::