This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#11PantherRiderPosted 12/18/2012 1:46:14 AM
No, but other liberties are about to be stomped on... so in the meantime... people if you have kids that don't know right from wrong and are obviously lacking a screw, please don't give'm a gun and teach them how to use it.
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#12JenniferTatePosted 12/18/2012 1:47:44 AM
nintendogamer13 posted...
have they even proved that the shooter was a gamer? I need a link here!

I can't find a source, I just heard on the radio today the shooter was a DDR fan. No joking, they were clarifying he games but did not like violent games, just DDR. I don't know how true it is. I just know Jack Thompson came out to dance.

http://gamepolitics.com/2012/12/17/jack-thompson-eca-maybe-now-youll-get-it#.UM-gI3fn9H
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#13CaIiber345Posted 12/18/2012 1:49:54 AM
D

People who are afraid to admit that bad things are going to happen, regardless of how much we try to prevent them, will always find something to blame.
---
Playing: Half-Life 2. Excited For: GTA V
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
#14CBratePosted 12/18/2012 2:05:56 AM

Wouldn't the big news be that a young man isn't a gamer?

And instead was an avid watcher of Fox News.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#15DrelagoPosted 12/18/2012 2:10:25 AM
Ban violent video games? Why not ban violent movies? Violent TV shows? Violent books? Ban everything that the media believes causes these shootings. Then when there is nothing left to ban, and a shooting still happens, what will we ban?

D btw.
#16randomweirdoPosted 12/18/2012 2:15:49 AM
PantherRider posted...
No, but other liberties are about to be stomped on... so in the meantime... people if you have kids that don't know right from wrong and are obviously lacking a screw, please don't give'm a gun and teach them how to use it.

Are about to be? More like they already have been and more are coming. We've been giving up rights since 9/11 in the interest of "safety" or "health" even with little evidence that such things even will help at all. All the government has to do is say it is in the best interest and people will accept and allow it. There's already plenty of precedent for it.
#17Reel_Big_MikePosted 12/18/2012 2:57:42 AM(edited)
I love how people make the dumb assumption that increased gun control laws somehow won't do anything to help make these mass murders happen less. They absolutely will. The US is literally the only developed country in the world where gun murders are an issue like this. If you add up the yearly gun murders in Germany, Canada, Spain, Switzerland, Autrailia, Japan, and the UK; you end up with 1/14th of the 10,000 firearm murders a year in the US.
Australia had 13 mass gun murders from 1981 to 1996. In 1996 they passed comprehensive gun control legislation. Since then, they've had zero mass murders.

Obviously there's a ton of improvement we can make, and its being stifled by idiots who thinks that doing nothing is somehow a better option.
#18RGPanznerPosted 12/18/2012 2:43:44 AM
My heart goes out to the familes that were affected by this. Its hard to defend us gamers when the media stomps on the rest of us gamers at a time like this when we are burying children so young.

I think banning violent video games isn't the answer. Especially since I think most responsible gamers were taught right from wrong from our parents like I was.

I do also think Gun control is only part of the answer. If someone is desperate enough to get a weapon they will. If not guns then my Dad who is a NRA member said they'd use Pipe Bombs or something else. Course he is biased cause he owns Guns. But so are we when we choose to defend our games.

I also feel like we should do more to protect our children in school. I'm not a parent, but I am a Uncle to children about to the same age as the victims. Maybe we should look into more efficicent ways into protecting our children and say we are and return to normal like nothing happened. Needless to say something has to be DONE this time.

This took a little work wording right. Cause I'm trying not to be disrespectful of the victim's families.
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega
#19_Mad_Hatter_Posted 12/18/2012 2:46:37 AM
Gotta go with D...

First it was books.
Then came the radio hate.
Followed by Television.
Which was trailed by Cinema.
Now Video Games are on the hot seat.

Besides video games don't receive as strong a hate as it once had(ps2 days).

Creative media is no stranger to being blamed for all the horrible things that might, will and have happened. People try and fight it, some will rage. They might gain temporary success, with censoring but that never lasts long.

Point is horrible things can not be blamed on one thing. Actual professionals of mental health know this. A psycho isn't created because said psycho once read a book, listened to the radio, watched TV, seen a movie or played a video game. Actual causes are far more complex, and involve many, many factors in said individuals life.
---
Would You Kindly.
#20SupernautusPosted 12/18/2012 2:59:18 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...

I can't find a source, I just heard on the radio today the shooter was a DDR fan. No joking, they were clarifying he games but did not like violent games, just DDR. I don't know how true it is. I just know Jack Thompson came out to dance.

http://gamepolitics.com/2012/12/17/jack-thompson-eca-maybe-now-youll-get-it#.UM-gI3fn9H

I just read in the paper today that he was a Black Ops 2 player. Doesn't change anything, the kid was nuts, he'd have killed people if he were playing that sesame street kinect game, games are not responsible.