This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#21TheWhoFanPosted 12/18/2012 3:22:35 AM
American video games are bought all over the world. If you think that 1. the government will kill such a profitable industry and 2. that the industry itself will accept that, you are crazy.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#22BruceWayneJrPosted 12/18/2012 3:29:57 AM
Deny. You remember what happened after the last national tragedy?

That's right: Nothing. Your video games are safe, and your guns will be safer.
#23FOGEDABOUDITPosted 12/18/2012 3:30:09 AM
I agree with TheWhoFan, as long as capitalism exists there will be no regulation. Violence sells and companies want money.
---
Some people dont think Im smart. They get my fist.
#24ArwingMasterPosted 12/18/2012 3:59:41 AM
Violent video games will not be banned because the supremem court has already ruled that they are protected under freedom of speech.
---
"The Overlords gave us an unquenchable curiosity and a thirst for battle! Now it's time to make them regret ever giving us such tremendous powers!-Yuri
#25MrMikeMaPosted 12/18/2012 4:11:03 AM
D.

Buy hopefully, the ban on assault weapons will exist again. Sorry, but no citizen 'needs' to have those to "protect themselves" for all those boogeymen criminals they keep talking about needing to protect themselves from.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#26liam_000Posted 12/18/2012 4:20:31 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
D.

Buy hopefully, the ban on assault weapons will exist again. Sorry, but no citizen 'needs' to have those to "protect themselves" for all those boogeymen criminals they keep talking about needing to protect themselves from.

This.

In the UK you need to state a reason to own a firearm as part of the application process. Self defence is not considered a valid reason.

Although its gotten to the point in America where everyone has a gun. So the question would be, how do i defend myself against someone with a gun?

By buying a gun.

But then applying that same logic, why not give every country in the world a few nukes. That would stop all wars, wouldn't it?
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#27djwagonPosted 12/18/2012 4:24:48 AM
this has to do with PARENTING not the other stuff .if parents did thier jobs instead of using video games as thier baby sitter .we all would be fine .but since parents can not control thier kids .THEY want the government to do it .granted THIS WOULD HAVE NOT STOP THIS .but THEN they would have nothing to blame from tv to movies
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#28MrMikeMaPosted 12/18/2012 4:43:25 AM
But then applying that same logic, why not give every country in the world a few nukes. That would stop all wars, wouldn't it?

Exactly. And these idiot gun defenders don't realize they are making our same argument. They keep saying - you ban assault rifles, next you take rifles and pistols.

Well, you guys want assault rifles, next you are going to want to mount machine gun nests on your porch. And then rocket/grenade launchers, And then nukes. Sounds silly, doesn't it? Well, so does YOUR argument.

I think they should just tax the hell out of bullets to make them hard to afford, which in effect will reduce the number of rounds you can stockpile. Take the tax money to give to families who have lost loved ones to senseless gun violence.

And better, still, I have to have my ID scanned to buy freaking SUDAFED at the drug store. They will track how much I buy and put a cap on me. Well, do THAT will bullets and guns, too.

If you want to have guns and rifles, fine. But at least when you go crazy and want to start shooting people, you will have to rely on expert marksmanship to take out maybe only a few people, as opposed to just spraying bullets around like a coward and upping your kill count
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#29YoungGganonPosted 12/18/2012 4:46:57 AM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
With the recent tragety do you think the government will pass a law preventing the creation of violent games.

We all know games dont make people kill but poiliticians and the media think they do.

It wouldnt surprise me if a law was passed.

if games made one person kill it would make all of us kill.

im just sick and tired of the damn government and all the news people blaming violent videogames for evil people doing evil things, when they have nothing to do with violent behavior in real life

We don't know 100% whether they do or not, especially with people who are missing a few marbles. I think you're wrong in saying violent video games don't affect people at ALL, but hey, it's your opinion. They don't make sane people want to kill each other, but I do think they desensitize a lot of people.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#30DarkBlade81Posted 12/18/2012 4:47:21 AM
Kid was autistic. Mother owned several guns, and was warned upon purchasing them that she was required to lock them away and keep the ammo locked up somewhere far away from the guns. Guess who didn't do what was required.