This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#351secondhand1Posted 12/20/2012 9:24:14 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
All it takes to say that more anti-gun laws won't work is just ONE school shooting in a place with a full civilian gun ban, and that's already happened a few dozen times.

And you still didn't answer the questions.

Connecticut has CCW. Tell me how that worked out.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#352TheBlueStigPosted 12/20/2012 9:31:38 AM
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
All it takes to say that more anti-gun laws won't work is just ONE school shooting in a place with a full civilian gun ban, and that's already happened a few dozen times.

Stop proving that you don't have a clue, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#353Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/20/2012 9:34:32 AM
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Schools are gun free zones which means legal CCW holders cant carry there...nice try though
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#354SheepinatorPosted 12/20/2012 9:44:12 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Schools are gun free zones which means legal CCW holders cant carry there...nice try though

BlueStig already brought up the story of some school shooting where civilian bystanders went to their cars for their guns and subdued the shooter. Although he left out little details like the shooter was targeting not doing a spree, the civilians were in fact police officers, and the shooter apparently put his gun down before the gun toting civvies confronted him. This was his shining example of how guns are awesome. When I asked about the serious issues of allowing guns in schools it was met with the sound of crickets.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#355TheBlueStigPosted 12/20/2012 9:44:49 AM
secondhand1 posted...

Learn the difference between May Issue, Shall Issue, and No Issue.

CT is a May Issue state, which means you have to be "friends" of law enforcement to get them to issue you a permit. And by friends, I mean a large cash contributor to the local sheriff's re-election campaign.

May issue states have a very low percentage of issued permits compared to the number of applicants. The only people who actually get permits are friends of law enforcement and political contributors.

California is also a may issue state, and you MUST become a victim of violent crime before you're allowed to legally protect yourself with a concealed gun. You have to end up in the f***ing hospital first....so much for "police protection".

Illinois is the only state without a CCW program, but as of December 11th they have 180 days to put one in place after the state lost a court case in Federal Appeals Court.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#356secondhand1Posted 12/20/2012 10:01:05 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

You realize I haven't been promoting bans and restrictions, right? I'm merely suggesting that a deeper dive may be in order. But of course, as is the way with one trick ponies like yourself, you see opinion slightly dissenting as an all out attack on your ideals.

I'm sorry I don't have all the answers as you clearly do.
---
#357TheBlueStigPosted 12/20/2012 10:03:16 AM
secondhand1 posted...
You realize I haven't been promoting bans and restrictions, right? I'm merely suggesting that a deeper dive may be in order. But of course, as is the way with one trick ponies like yourself, you see opinion slightly dissenting as an all out attack on your ideals.

And you STILL haven't answered the questions.....

1. If you think gun bans/restrictions would be so effective, why haven't bans/restrictions worked to stop the proliferation of illegal drugs?

2. Why should the masses be punished for the actions of individuals?
---
Ben Franklin
#358secondhand1Posted 12/20/2012 10:34:50 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
secondhand1 posted...

And you STILL haven't answered the questions.....

1. If you think gun bans/restrictions would be so effective, why haven't bans/restrictions worked to stop the proliferation of illegal drugs?

2. Why should the masses be punished for the actions of individuals?

Really? I know it must be difficult to read my posts through your ignorance-tinted glasses, but give it a try.
---
#359DyingPancakePosted 12/20/2012 10:38:17 AM
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Once again this is exactly what you said earlier

secondhand1 posted...

Do you honestly believe that tighter laws won't positively affect that?

How can that be taken any other way? That isn't just suggesting a "deeper dive". That clearly is saying a ban or restriction will help.

Either you can't keep up with what you're saying or you have no idea what you really even want to happen
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#360secondhand1Posted 12/20/2012 10:48:54 AM
DyingPancake posted...
How can that be taken any other way? That isn't just suggesting a "deeper dive". That clearly is saying a ban or restriction will help.

Either you can't keep up with what you're saying or you have no idea what you really even want to happen

I don't really give a damn how you take it as you've made your position abundantly clear. I don't know what the answer is. I do believe tighter laws would positively affect it. Doesn't mean it's the right way. Or the only way. IF it was determined that tighter laws are the answer, yeah, I totally support that. IF it was determined that no change was the right way, then I support that, too.

Get something straight: I don't oppose gun ownership. I personally don't agree with it and will never own own for reasons that are nobody's business, but if you want one, great.

What I do disagree with is the blind acceptance of one line of thinking.
---