This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#361MrMikeMaPosted 12/20/2012 9:56:04 AM(edited)
2. Why should the masses be punished for the actions of individuals?

Oh, you mean like the punished 6 year olds who were shot dead because of your 'right' to stockpile semi-automatic weapons?

Don't make pathetic statements like this to justify your gun toting mentality.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#362DyingPancakePosted 12/20/2012 9:56:55 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
2. Why should the masses be punished for the actions of individuals?

Oh, you mean like the punished 6 year olds who were shot dead because of your 'right' to stockpile semi-automatic weapons?

Don't make pathetic statements like this to justify your gun toting mentality.

Yes they were killed because of our right to have weapons

Mentally unstable people had nothing to do with it
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#363DyingPancakePosted 12/20/2012 9:59:41 AM
secondhand1 posted...
DyingPancake posted...
How can that be taken any other way? That isn't just suggesting a "deeper dive". That clearly is saying a ban or restriction will help.

Either you can't keep up with what you're saying or you have no idea what you really even want to happen

I don't really give a damn how you take it as you've made your position abundantly clear. I don't know what the answer is. I do believe tighter laws would positively affect it. Doesn't mean it's the right way. Or the only way. IF it was determined that tighter laws are the answer, yeah, I totally support that. IF it was determined that no change was the right way, then I support that, too.

Get something straight: I don't oppose gun ownership. I personally don't agree with it and will never own own for reasons that are nobody's business, but if you want one, great.

What I do disagree with is the blind acceptance of one line of thinking.

My position has nothing to do with what you said

You're wishy washy on the the subject and you're trying to save face by rectifying something you said earlier with some new "ifs" and "buts"
---
#364MrMikeMaPosted 12/20/2012 10:31:13 AM

Yes they were killed because of your right. Guns don't kill people, people do, but they sure do HELP kill people a lot easier. The guy made an idiotic statement that he feels gun owners are being punished for the actions of a few. It's a garbage point when you think of all the innocent people killed by guns. The dead have NO rights.

Any one of you guns owners can become mentally unstable at any time and go shooting. Stop pretending otherwise. I'm sure this kid's mom was, at SOME point, stable enough to be be able to stockpile those weapons without setting off any warning flags.

That's why we want you watched more closely. And that's why we want that ban on assault rifles that was ALREADY ON THE BOOKS, put back. This time, maybe the NRA won't be able to buy themselves a time limit on it.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
#365natevinesPosted 12/20/2012 10:34:42 AM
MrMikeMa posted...

Yes they were killed because of your right. Guns don't kill people, people do, but they sure do HELP kill people a lot easier. The guy made an idiotic statement that he feels gun owners are being punished for the actions of a few. It's a garbage point when you think of all the innocent people killed by guns. The dead have NO rights.

Any one of you guns owners can become mentally unstable at any time and go shooting. Stop pretending otherwise. I'm sure this kid's mom was, at SOME point, stable enough to be be able to stockpile those weapons without setting off any warning flags.

That's why we want you watched more closely. And that's why we want that ban on assault rifles that was ALREADY ON THE BOOKS, put back. This time, maybe the NRA won't be able to buy themselves a time limit on it.

LOL meanwhile even Dianne Feinstein admitted the Assault Weapons Ban didn't do anything.

And yes, we can become mentally unstable. And guess what? I also own a car. I also own bomb making materials. If I want to kill people, I can kill a lot more without guns. I.e, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#366DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/20/2012 10:37:06 AM
MrMikeMa posted...

any of us can go nuts and obtain a gun through illegal channels, which is often the case anyway. you can ban guns altogether, you can't make them not exist.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#367MrMikeMaPosted 12/20/2012 10:40:19 AM
^^

good, then go for it - without guns if it is that easy. I'm just sick of listening to all of gun lovers. You really do sound pathetic in your defenses. Worse that the console fanboys fighting with one another.

I also love how you hide behind the second amendment, but ONLY the part that fits your needs. You (and the NRA) like to ignore the part that tells you the right to bear arms is a "well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state".
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
#368DyingPancakePosted 12/20/2012 10:41:15 AM
MrMikeMa posted...

So what you're saying is anyone can become mentally unstable at anytime right? It has to be. Otherwise you're going to have to give me some sources stating how owning guns is more prone to having you become mentally unstable.

And if anyone at anytime can become mentally unstable then shouldn't we have a ban on other things as well? I mean the worst school attack in history wasn't done with a single gun.

And are you talking about the ban on assault weapons that lead to an almost 5% increase in crime? You're in favor of more crime?
---
#369DyingPancakePosted 12/20/2012 10:44:43 AM(edited)
MrMikeMa posted...
^^

good, then go for it - without guns if it is that easy. I'm just sick of listening to all of gun lovers. You really do sound pathetic in your defenses. Worse that the console fanboys fighting with one another.

I also love how you hide behind the second amendment, but ONLY the part that fits your needs. You (and the NRA) like to ignore the part that tells you the right to bear arms is a "well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state".

Pathetic in our defense when not one person in this whole topic has linked to any info whatsoever in how proving a ban on guns will help us?

I'm glad I'm not living in your fantasy world

Also please show me where the NRA stated this. I want to make sure I didn't miss anything
---
#370shawnmckPosted 12/20/2012 10:44:08 AM
My bet is that politicians will push for legislation publicly, but behind closed doors it will be nothing but a shake-down, and the companies that donate money to these politicians campaigns will get a free pass.
Then the entire thing will die down and people will forget about it until the next time something like this happens.

Keep in mind that the Government (politicians) never go after Hollywood & movies....that is because the vast majority of Actors & Actresses are loyal sheep that donate money to these politicians and also do fund-raisers for them.

The Mafia didn't go away...they just got into politics.