This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#371DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/20/2012 11:47:15 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
^^

good, then go for it - without guns if it is that easy. I'm just sick of listening to all of gun lovers. You really do sound pathetic in your defenses. Worse that the console fanboys fighting with one another.

I also love how you hide behind the second amendment, but ONLY the part that fits your needs. You (and the NRA) like to ignore the part that tells you the right to bear arms is a "well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state".

wrong stop misreading and taking out of context. a well-regulated militia THEREFORE the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. maybe I don't like what you say and think you're hiding behind the 1st amendment.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#372MrMikeMaPosted 12/20/2012 11:47:49 AM
any of us can go nuts and obtain a gun through illegal channels, which is often the case anyway. you can ban guns altogether, you can't make them not exist.

Oh look, another straw man argument. I think the few shooting incidents did in FACT come from registered weapons, so the point is moot.

I don't even call for a ban on guns. Just the ones that make it too easy for you Rambo wannabes from spraying bullets everywhere. Every single gun owner that I know personally wants assault rifles banned. None of them are paranoid that this will eventually that lead to pistols and rifles, and none of them think that if a ban goes in place, all of a sudden this large contingent of boogeymen with illegals weapons is going to rise up and take over.

Why is this such a problem? How can you not be sick of all these senseless shootings? And how can you pull the "not the guns that are problem" on this? Nuts.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#373MrMikeMaPosted 12/20/2012 11:49:51 AM
wrong stop misreading and taking out of context.

Yep, context is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

That;s why we are trying to get better regulations on the books
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
#374DyingPancakePosted 12/20/2012 11:50:34 AM(edited)
MrMikeMa posted...
any of us can go nuts and obtain a gun through illegal channels, which is often the case anyway. you can ban guns altogether, you can't make them not exist.

Oh look, another straw man argument. I think the few shooting incidents did in FACT come from registered weapons, so the point is moot.

I don't even call for a ban on guns. Just the ones that make it too easy for you Rambo wannabes from spraying bullets everywhere. Every single gun owner that I know personally wants assault rifles banned. None of them are paranoid that this will eventually that lead to pistols and rifles, and none of them think that if a ban goes in place, all of a sudden this large contingent of boogeymen with illegals weapons is going to rise up and take over.

Why is this such a problem? How can you not be sick of all these senseless shootings? And how can you pull the "not the guns that are problem" on this? Nuts.

Because history has taught us that they're not? And if you're so sure then prove it to me. I've yet to see one preson do so.

Also an answer to all my other stuff would be great
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#375DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/20/2012 11:50:46 AM
MrMikeMa posted...

so you're lumping in tens of millions of responsible gun owners with a relative handful of nuts? if most of these shootings were done with handguns and not assault rifles why do you not want to ban handguns?
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#376secondhand1Posted 12/20/2012 12:16:37 PM
DyingPancake posted...

My position has nothing to do with what you said

You're wishy washy on the the subject and you're trying to save face by rectifying something you said earlier with some new "ifs" and "buts"

I wish it were as black and white simple as you seem to believe it is, Pancake. I really do.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#377MrMikeMaPosted 12/20/2012 12:40:06 PM(edited)
so you're lumping in tens of millions of responsible gun owners with a relative handful of nuts?

As I have stated, the responsible gun owners I know have no use for assult rifles and also want them banned. I come from a family of hunters. We all know how to shoot, yes, even me, although I do not carry. My brothers do and my father does.

Civilians do not need to arm themselves with these weapons. Save them for the police or the military. Pitsols and rifles, even in experience hands, are not going to cause the chaos that these assualt rifles can do. We might as well just move up to grenade launchers, machine gun turrents and nukes. Why not?

We can go back and forth all day, so let's agree to disagree. I could go digging for all the stats you are looking for, but they have already been done to death from both sides on CNN and in the media, don't want to waste time here on a game forum.

Bottom line is, the majority wants the ban, the President is behind it, and come January there will probably be a lot of ticked off gun owners, depending on just how many politicians the NRA has in their pocket, which IS a lot. The people of this country are getting sick of it though, so expect action for a change. Even some of the pro-NRA congress and businesses are caving. The Republicans did their best to buy and election and lost. They thought the had it and got blown away. Same with this issue. People have had it with the NRA and their fear mongering. Expect change
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
#378TheBlueStigPosted 12/20/2012 1:04:59 PM
MrMikeMa posted...
Yes they were killed because of our right to have weapons

Mentally unstable people had nothing to do with it

Yes they were killed because of your right. Guns don't kill people, people do, but they sure do HELP kill people a lot easier. The guy made an idiotic statement that he feels gun owners are being punished for the actions of a few. It's a garbage point when you think of all the innocent people killed by guns. The dead have NO rights.

Any one of you guns owners can become mentally unstable at any time and go shooting. Stop pretending otherwise. I'm sure this kid's mom was, at SOME point, stable enough to be be able to stockpile those weapons without setting off any warning flags.

That's why we want you watched more closely. And that's why we want that ban on assault rifles that was ALREADY ON THE BOOKS, put back. This time, maybe the NRA won't be able to buy themselves a time limit on it.

You were the one that wanted the same laws enacted as past dictators who've killed 150+ MILLION people by disarming them first.

No those kids were not killed BECAUSE of guns and you damn well know it. The cause of the shooting was not a gun, it was a mentally unstable individual snapping because he came off his meds because he's been medicated since he was a child.

And FYI, any unstable individual can snap, jump into a car, and mow down kids as they're getting out of school. Cars require licensing and registration and education to use them legally, yet they kill FAR more people than guns do every single year.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#379TheBlueStigPosted 12/20/2012 1:17:11 PM
MrMikeMa posted...
so you're lumping in tens of millions of responsible gun owners with a relative handful of nuts?

As I have stated, the responsible gun owners I know have no use for assult rifles and also want them banned. I come from a family of hunters.

Another FYI for you.....TRUE ASSAULT RIFLES ARE ALREADY BANNED WITHOUT A PERMIT AND CRIMES ARE RARELY IF EVER COMMITTED WITH THEM. Research the NFA permit rules. People who purchase full auto weapons legally don't commit crimes with them, they've been fully vetted by the FBI and the BATFE. The majority of crimes are committed with handguns and shotguns.

Nobody gives a rat's ass what the California definition of "assault weapon" is, only the true military definition counts.

California's definition would ban a few dozen HUNTING rifles as well as AR's and AK's, so you better be careful what you advocate without knowing the facts.

Here's yet another FYI for you, if you think the Feds and the media won't lie to you, you're way too gullible for words. They were caught lieing about which guns were used way back in Waco, and they got caught here too.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#380WinternovaPosted 12/20/2012 5:58:16 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Here's yet another FYI for you, if you think the Feds and the media won't lie to you, you're way too gullible for words. They were caught lieing about which guns were used way back in Waco, and they got caught here too.

Unstable people cause shootings. Unstable people also believe in conspiracy theories and can't spell "lying" to save their lives.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)