This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#61kusumotoPosted 12/18/2012 7:47:35 AM
D
---
cellar door
#62secondhand1Posted 12/18/2012 8:05:18 AM
DyingPancake posted...
Federal law preventing a national firearms registration scheme.
Title 18 US Code Section 926
"No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the
enactment of the Firearms Owners' Protection Act may require that
records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion
of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a
facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any
State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of
registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions
or dispositions be established."

FBI web pages dedicated to the true Firearm Homicide numbers, sorted by state, and by year.
http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_20.html
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10tbl20.xls
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl08.xls

That last link shows that firearm homicide numbers came DOWN every year for more than 5 years in a row. Gun ownership went UP every year. That link also shows that the "100,000 people dead from gun violence per year in the USA" currently being bandied about by CNN and other independent online news sources is 100% BULLS***.

And yet, despite all your hot air, murders by firearm are leading the pack every year by a large margin. Do you honestly believe that tighter laws won't positively affect that?

Now, before you get all right wing gun-nutty on us...again...let me state that I am not a, "ban everything" person. That kind of one-sided thinking only exposes your ignorance. I do believe there needs to be some sweeping reform - and not just of guns. Focusing on one aspect of an issue doesn't help push it toward resolution. And both sides of this particular issue do this very well. I feel if we ever hope to see some light at the end of this tunnel, both sides need to be willing to cooperate and find mutually beneficial ways to solve a very egregious problem.

It can't continue with the bleeding hearts thinking everything will be solved with a full court ban, while the constitutionally challenged cry about the death of a country that strips, "freedoms". Clear heads must prevail, otherwise, we're going to be fighting the same fights, having the same arguments and mourning the same tragedies for the foreseeable future.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#63Akiba69Posted 12/18/2012 8:08:12 AM
You people are acting as if this is the first school shooting.
---
Want a Nuketown Zombies Code? PM me.
#64DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/18/2012 8:12:42 AM
secondhand1 posted...
DyingPancake posted...

FBI web pages dedicated to the true Firearm Homicide numbers, sorted by state, and by year.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10tbl20.xls
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl08.xls

That last link shows that firearm homicide numbers came DOWN every year for more than 5 years in a row. Gun ownership went UP every year. That link also shows that the "100,000 people dead from gun violence per year in the USA" currently being bandied about by CNN and other independent online news sources is 100% BULLS***.

And yet, despite all your hot air, murders by firearm are leading the pack every year by a large margin. Do you honestly believe that tighter laws won't positively affect that?

Now, before you get all right wing gun-nutty on us...again...let me state that I am not a, "ban everything" person. That kind of one-sided thinking only exposes your ignorance. I do believe there needs to be some sweeping reform - and not just of guns. Focusing on one aspect of an issue doesn't help push it toward resolution. And both sides of this particular issue do this very well. I feel if we ever hope to see some light at the end of this tunnel, both sides need to be willing to cooperate and find mutually beneficial ways to solve a very egregious problem.

It can't continue with the bleeding hearts thinking everything will be solved with a full court ban, while the constitutionally challenged cry about the death of a country that strips, "freedoms". Clear heads must prevail, otherwise, we're going to be fighting the same fights, having the same arguments and mourning the same tragedies for the foreseeable future.

ITT people who don't want their freedoms restricted are "Constitutionall challenged". How many of those murders are done with legally purchased firearms? Would more restrictions on you and I have any effect on a gangbanger illegally owning a gun and killing someone? Would more restrictions stop an insane person from killing someone?
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#65SheepinatorPosted 12/18/2012 8:12:47 AM
DyingPancake posted...
Once you ban something, a huge criminal empire grows up around that banned thing, which means that if guns were banned, they would still be on every streetcorner in the USA and crime would be a million times worse.... blah blah blah

I have rarely read such a load of rubbish on gamefaqs, and that's saying something.

By this logic we should be fine with every country having nukes. We should legalize heroin, cocaine, insider trading, and basically everything, since according to you having laws against it only makes it worse.

If that young man in Connecticut hadn't grown up around guns and his mom didn't have an arsenal in the house, this probably wouldn't have happened. At the very least he'd have had to try a lot harder. But since you're against adding any hoops that could have helped to block and raise alarms I guess we may as well sit on our hands and wait for the next massacre.

I suppose it's coincidence that the US has so many mass murders compared to other countries. Are Americans just pre-disposed to be less mentally stable or something? Something in the genes? Something in the water? I doubt that. A few days ago in China someone went into a school with a knife and stabbed 23 young kids. Zero deaths. Because it was a knife, not a semi-auto.

The Second Amendment was written 221 years ago. It's a different time now. Back then they didn't have rapid fire handheld weapons. They also didn't have any police forces. Women couldn't vote (19th Amendment). People had slaves (13th Amendment). Blacks were 3/5ths of a person (14th Amendment). Because, you know, times change.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#66DyingPancakePosted 12/18/2012 8:17:00 AM
secondhand1 posted...
DyingPancake posted...

Then give me some sources on stating how a tighter ban will benefit us. Or is this just what you think?
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#67DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/18/2012 8:17:04 AM
Sheepinator posted...
DyingPancake posted...
Once you ban something, a huge criminal empire grows up around that banned thing, which means that if guns were banned, they would still be on every streetcorner in the USA and crime would be a million times worse.... blah blah blah

I have rarely read such a load of rubbish on gamefaqs, and that's saying something.

By this logic we should be fine with every country having nukes. We should legalize heroin, cocaine, insider trading, and basically everything, since according to you having laws against it only makes it worse.

If that young man in Connecticut hadn't grown up around guns and his mom didn't have an arsenal in the house, this probably wouldn't have happened. At the very least he'd have had to try a lot harder. But since you're against adding any hoops that could have helped to block and raise alarms I guess we may as well sit on our hands and wait for the next massacre.

I suppose it's coincidence that the US has so many mass murders compared to other countries. Are Americans just pre-disposed to be less mentally stable or something? Something in the genes? Something in the water? I doubt that. A few days ago in China someone went into a school with a knife and stabbed 23 young kids. Zero deaths. Because it was a knife, not a semi-auto.

The Second Amendment was written 221 years ago. It's a different time now. Back then they didn't have rapid fire handheld weapons. They also didn't have any police forces. Women couldn't vote (19th Amendment). People had slaves (13th Amendment). Blacks were 3/5ths of a person (14th Amendment). Because, you know, times change.

I want to know what drugs they were giving this kid. No one questions that. Any problem a kid has these days they shove pills down their throats.
You're actually saying China, a dictatorship, has it right and we should abandon the right to defend ourselves and our property? I don't think thats outdated by any means. The police aren't going to magically appear when someone breaks into your house who HAS a gun and holds your family at gunpoint and you're sitting there saying wow, i wish i could protect myself.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#68DyingPancakePosted 12/18/2012 8:19:56 AM
Sheepinator posted...
DyingPancake posted...

I like how you didn't even read or understand anything I wrote

But making assumptions and putting words in my mouth is a tactic that uneducated people do so cary on.
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#69KeyBlade999Posted 12/18/2012 8:23:20 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
No

---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#70Shadowstar108Posted 12/18/2012 8:23:47 AM
As a user with Asperger's Syndrome, it kinda bothers me that he was autistic. A lot of people don't really understand autism, and I'm kinda not surprised by what he did. If the kid received counseling and close attention from his mother, he would've turned out different.

Yes, we should have restrictions on military grade weapons being available for ordinary citizens. But, we should also get help for people who deserve it. It's a combination of both issues that will help see a satisfying conclusion, and a possible prevention of such senseless violence.
---
~Currently Playing: Persona 4, Devil Survivor 2, and Magic: The Gathering~