This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D within 1 year violent videogames wont exist

#71SheepinatorPosted 12/18/2012 7:25:21 AM
DyingPancake posted...
Sheepinator posted...
DyingPancake posted...
Once you ban something, a huge criminal empire grows up around that banned thing, which means that if guns were banned, they would still be on every streetcorner in the USA and crime would be a million times worse.... blah blah blah

I have rarely read such a load of rubbish on gamefaqs, and that's saying something.

By this logic we should be fine with every country having nukes. We should legalize heroin, cocaine, insider trading, and basically everything, since according to you having laws against it only makes it worse.

If that young man in Connecticut hadn't grown up around guns and his mom didn't have an arsenal in the house, this probably wouldn't have happened. At the very least he'd have had to try a lot harder. But since you're against adding any hoops that could have helped to block and raise alarms I guess we may as well sit on our hands and wait for the next massacre.

I suppose it's coincidence that the US has so many mass murders compared to other countries. Are Americans just pre-disposed to be less mentally stable or something? Something in the genes? Something in the water? I doubt that. A few days ago in China someone went into a school with a knife and stabbed 23 young kids. Zero deaths. Because it was a knife, not a semi-auto.

The Second Amendment was written 221 years ago. It's a different time now. Back then they didn't have rapid fire handheld weapons. They also didn't have any police forces. Women couldn't vote (19th Amendment). People had slaves (13th Amendment). Blacks were 3/5ths of a person (14th Amendment). Because, you know, times change.

I like how you didn't even read or understand anything I wrote

But making assumptions and putting words in my mouth is a tactic that uneducated people do so cary on.

You did say that crime would be "a million times worse". Actually, I suppose that would solve the problem. Within a year or two there would be nobody left alive in the country. Congrats, you've solved it.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#72johnny_boy84Posted 12/18/2012 7:25:26 AM
Deny. Violence is a universal language. There is very little cost in translating it. Whereas something that isheavily driven by a plot and dialogue will be costly transition.
---
Support your local Poet
#73o1shotkillPosted 12/18/2012 7:27:22 AM
Guns needs to go...

I cant believe, as sophisticated as we are, we still follow a piece of paper that was created centuries ago... by the same people that once believed in witches!

why haven't we changed this yet!?

If a game makes you want to kill, atleast be the idiot that takes out the one resposible for making these games soo terrible....
#74DyingPancakePosted 12/18/2012 7:30:51 AM
Sheepinator posted...
DyingPancake posted...
Sheepinator posted...
DyingPancake posted...
Once you ban something, a huge criminal empire grows up around that banned thing, which means that if guns were banned, they would still be on every streetcorner in the USA and crime would be a million times worse.... blah blah blah

I have rarely read such a load of rubbish on gamefaqs, and that's saying something.

By this logic we should be fine with every country having nukes. We should legalize heroin, cocaine, insider trading, and basically everything, since according to you having laws against it only makes it worse.

If that young man in Connecticut hadn't grown up around guns and his mom didn't have an arsenal in the house, this probably wouldn't have happened. At the very least he'd have had to try a lot harder. But since you're against adding any hoops that could have helped to block and raise alarms I guess we may as well sit on our hands and wait for the next massacre.

I suppose it's coincidence that the US has so many mass murders compared to other countries. Are Americans just pre-disposed to be less mentally stable or something? Something in the genes? Something in the water? I doubt that. A few days ago in China someone went into a school with a knife and stabbed 23 young kids. Zero deaths. Because it was a knife, not a semi-auto.

The Second Amendment was written 221 years ago. It's a different time now. Back then they didn't have rapid fire handheld weapons. They also didn't have any police forces. Women couldn't vote (19th Amendment). People had slaves (13th Amendment). Blacks were 3/5ths of a person (14th Amendment). Because, you know, times change.

I like how you didn't even read or understand anything I wrote

But making assumptions and putting words in my mouth is a tactic that uneducated people do so cary on.

You did say that crime would be "a million times worse". Actually, I suppose that would solve the problem. Within a year or two there would be nobody left alive in the country. Congrats, you've solved it.

So out of everything I posted you tend the harp on the thing that was an exagerration?

Your statement on how we should make drugs legal has nothing to do with what I said. It's actually the complete opposite

Give me some sources on how having guns in the house leads you to be a violent person. Tell me exactly how this probably wouldn't have happened if there were no guns in the house. Clearly a mentally unstable person would stop at that roadblock

I've already posted stats on the murders in other countries. Actually look at them

The rest of what you said has no bearing on the topic at hand
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#75DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/18/2012 7:31:48 AM
o1shotkill posted...
Guns needs to go...

I cant believe, as sophisticated as we are, we still follow a piece of paper that was created centuries ago... by the same people that once believed in witches!

If a game makes you want to kill, atleast be the idiot that takes out the one resposible for making these games soo terrible....

Wow this is where our society is headed...don't ever complain about your "rights" being violated with an ass backwards mindset like that. Our founding fathers were better and wiser men than you will ever hope to be. You really aren't worthy of that "piece of paper" child, go live on China I'm sure you will love it.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#76DyingPancakePosted 12/18/2012 7:32:47 AM
o1shotkill posted...
Guns needs to go...

Give me sources on how making guns "disappear" will help us
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#77secondhand1Posted 12/18/2012 7:32:48 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
ITT people who don't want their freedoms restricted are "Constitutionall challenged". How many of those murders are done with legally purchased firearms? Would more restrictions on you and I have any effect on a gangbanger illegally owning a gun and killing someone? Would more restrictions stop an insane person from killing someone?

Yes. Constitutionally challenged. Hiding behind an amendment that was written over 200 years ago to apply to people who lived over 200 years ago is asinine. You want to update it? I'm all for it. But don't cry about a constitutional right that was intended to protect people from invading British soldiers and a tyrannical government by granting them the freedom of owning and using single shot muskets.

As for your questions:

I don't know, do you?
Maybe not, but gangbangers rarely go on sprees killing innocents. If they want to kill each other off, let them. Criminals killing criminals doesn't bother me.
Perhaps. It would at the very least provide some kind of barrier.

Look, until we can have reasonable discussions about it, it's all just a guess. Like I said: I don't think full out ban is the answer; there are too many other factors at play here and many people are using the easy scapegoat. It's but one piece of a terribly tragic puzzle.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#78DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/18/2012 7:38:11 AM
http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/connecticut-mental-health-bill-defeated-months-before-deadly-school-shooting/
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#79secondhand1Posted 12/18/2012 7:39:06 AM
DyingPancake posted...
Then give me some sources on stating how a tighter ban will benefit us. Or is this just what you think?

I don't know if it will, but to be so vehemently against something that on its face screams positivity baffles me. And maybe it's not a tighter ban. Maybe it's an increased focus on education and training. There are options to be explored, but both sides continue to put their fingers in their ears and pout about how their philosophy is the right one.

How does that solve anything?
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#80Ubba84Posted 12/18/2012 7:39:21 AM
I love these topics where silly Americans defend their 'right' to own guns. Where I live these disgruntled kids punch someone in the face for no reason, I'm sure they would shoot people too if they had a gun.
---
PSN: SaucagedogOelie
Yes I did spell sausage wrong, so sue me :-(