This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Favorite Game Franchise of All Time?

#1NintendologicalPosted 12/20/2012 2:11:06 AM
Even though I stopped playing competitively after Third Strike, Street Fighter remains my favorite video game franchise of all time. I believe a lot of the continued enjoyment of the franchise comes from a well crafted expanded universe. I still enjoy Street Fighter II The Animated Movie as well as both Street Fighter Alpha animations. The Udon comics are some of the most underrated comic books on the market. If only Capcom could license the property that could do justice to a live action iteration of the franchise. Aside from some pretty ridiculous plot points, the depth of character interaction and the web of overlapping plots makes the Street Fighter universe very interesting. Then there is the thriving community. A lot of local arcades (I live in So Cal) are driven by Street Fighter (and Marvel vs.). The franchise has evolved magnificently and is arguably the only Capcom franchise to successfully transform through five different gaming generations. How about the rest of you? What is your favorite game franchise of all time?
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#2CaIiber345Posted 12/20/2012 2:51:28 AM
Hmm. This is tough.

It's either:
1. Grand Theft Auto
2. The Elder Scrolls

Now granted I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim, compared to GTA, GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA, and GTA IV. And I am beyond excited for GTA V.

These are the only two franchises, that when a new game is announced, nothing else sates my gaming appetite until they are released.

I spent well over 500 hours in GTA SA. But Oblivion and Skyrim are over 600 hours combined (add Fallout 3 for over 1,000 hours), and Skyrim is nowhere near done for me. I finished GTA IV and don't really need to go back.

So I'll say The Elder Scrolls. While I eventually do just about everything there is to do in a GTA game, I never see and do everything in an Elder Scrolls game. And that is why I always go back to the Elder Scrolls.
---
Professional Driver on Closed Course. Do Not Attempt. Cars Cannot Fly.
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
#3majinbuu58Posted 12/20/2012 2:54:29 AM
Warcraft
#4nickoman33Posted 12/20/2012 2:57:40 AM
Elder Scrolls.

Played 'em all except for Arena. Great series, though I do hope the next one plays more like Morrowind.
---
Not changing sig until Half Life 2: Episode 3 comes out
#5bigphil2003Posted 12/20/2012 2:58:10 AM
Hard to look past Super Mario to be honest
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#6KroganBallEaterPosted 12/20/2012 3:14:03 AM
bigphil2003 posted...

Too bad the past 4 Mario games were rehashes.
#7ThugETHPosted 12/20/2012 3:27:00 AM
I love 2D Castlevania but the Souls games are my most recent favorite series.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#8SolidSnake163Posted 12/20/2012 3:29:56 AM
MGS series
---
Gamertag: SFODD163
#9MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/20/2012 3:55:30 AM
R-Type - now and forever. This series of games drew me in harder than any other shoot em up ever made.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#10bigphil2003Posted 12/20/2012 4:36:14 AM
KroganBallEater posted...
bigphil2003 posted...

Too bad the past 4 Mario games were rehashes.

Yeah the NSMB games have all been basically the same game, but Mario Land 3D and Galaxy 1 and 2 are fantastic games.
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie