This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game that let you down the most this generation?

#11VashelPosted 12/22/2012 2:08:16 AM
Castlevania Lords of Shadow, not saying is a bad game but I just couldn't get into it.
---
Gamertag: V4sh L
#12KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/22/2012 2:10:02 AM
Easy, Resident Evil 6. I'm a huge long time fan of the series. I even loved the change up that 4 & 5 made but 6 was a train wreck and an insult to the series and was a poor game anyway even if you ignore the RE title.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#13ohio4987Posted 12/22/2012 2:12:32 AM
As a pro wrestling fan, WWE '13. My expectations weren't even that high, and I've never traded a game in quicker. The worst part? It shouldn't be this bad. It should be a good, perhaps great virtual tribute to WWE and pro wrestling. All the right puzzle pieces are there, only 90% of them are squished into the wrong place, and they've all had coffee spilled on them in the form of bugs, idiotic developer choices, and a complete lack of post-release tech support. As it is, it is one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. It's only saving grace was Attitude Era mode. Before THQ's bankruptcy announcement, hope was wearing thin if they would even attempt to patch the game and fix at least half of the problems. Now, THQ needs money, and patching released games does not increase income, so it's ****ed. If anyone here likes the game in its current state, more power to you. I, however, am glad I traded it in while its value was still decent. I lost $50 (yes, I bought the season pass >_<), I should of rented it first, but at least I gained something from this; a better appreciation for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

Second would be Test Drive Unlimited 2.
#14hulkhogan1Posted 12/22/2012 2:18:09 AM
ohio4987 posted...
As a pro wrestling fan, WWE '13. My expectations weren't even that high, and I've never traded a game in quicker. The worst part? It shouldn't be this bad. It should be a good, perhaps great virtual tribute to WWE and pro wrestling. All the right puzzle pieces are there, only 90% of them are squished into the wrong place, and they've all had coffee spilled on them in the form of bugs, idiotic developer choices, and a complete lack of post-release tech support. As it is, it is one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. It's only saving grace was Attitude Era mode. Before THQ's bankruptcy announcement, hope was wearing thin if they would even attempt to patch the game and fix at least half of the problems. Now, THQ needs money, and patching released games does not increase income, so it's ****ed. If anyone here likes the game in its current state, more power to you. I, however, am glad I traded it in while its value was still decent. I lost $50 (yes, I bought the season pass >_<), I should of rented it first, but at least I gained something from this; a better appreciation for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

Second would be Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Personally, I love WWE 13. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's leaps and bounds more enjoyable than previous installments, imo. And now that WWE 14 could be in question, I plan on getting used to WWE 13 just in case it's the last new wrestling game out there for a while.
#15Solid_Snake124Posted 12/22/2012 2:23:43 AM
GOW2? GOW3? Tough...
---
Placed one missed call to heaven
#16JukainPosted 12/22/2012 2:33:01 AM
Diablo III. Nothing else even comes close. Ten years, and this is what Blizzard puts out? Seriously? World of Warcraft really has taken Blizzard out back and shot it several times in all the vital areas. I can't take them seriously anymore.

If you're talking only console games, SoulCalibur V because Namco hates Project Soul compared to the team that works on Tekken, so as soon as Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was revealed, Namco literally pulled the plug and shipped out the game as-is in the incomplete state that it was. Unacceptable.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#17kingPaxPosted 12/22/2012 2:36:17 AM
Solid_Snake124 posted...
GOW2? GOW3? Tough...

I actually like Gears 3. Just 2 let me down and almost made me lose hope in the franchise. The multiplayer for that game was absolutely unplayable. The only thing I think they did good was add the mechanic of human shields. Besides that it was laggy, maps were unbalanced, planted grenades were annoying and drastically slowed the game down, and as I mentioned whoever came up with the idea that smokes should knock somebody down or stun them needed to be curb stomped.

Seriously though I could not understand how they could screw up that bad.
#18MK_GodPosted 12/22/2012 2:38:50 AM
I'm not a picky gamer. I have to show high interest in a game to buy it. I'd have to say Resident Evil 6 for sure. And also, I was disappointed in Force Unleashed 2. It was no where near as good as the first. They totally ruined the level/upgrade system. I still played them both and like I said, I'm not picky for games I want to play. So those are the only two I could come up with. Besides the downfall of the COD series.
---
@NCrediblyJACK3D
#19molotov ckoctailPosted 12/22/2012 2:41:50 AM
Crysis 2. I thought the game was awesome the first play session, but quickly came to hate the detection and enemy spawning systems.
---
You offend, yet you say not to be so defensive. This is Indigenous land. YOU get out!
#20CaIiber345Posted 12/22/2012 3:00:06 AM
Far Cry 3
---
"You forgot the briefcase!" - D-FENS, Falling Down
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.