This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game that let you down the most this generation?

#131BruceWayneJrPosted 12/22/2012 3:21:13 PM
fatherofsword posted...
Metroid Other M.. :'(

Very much this.

When Metroid is good, it's *awesome*, but this... This time the gameplay was way too easy and not nearly close enough to the originals in spirit, and the storyline was just beyond stupid. I was REALLY looking forward to a new Metroid.
#132BattleStarXPosted 12/22/2012 3:25:35 PM
Sonic '06, definitely. Even Sonic Heroes' super-kiddy crap wasn't anywhere NEAR as bad as this peace of garbage. And then they throw in the ol' Time-Reset ending which makes all the effort you put into that glitchy thing worthless. I'm glad I only got the game in the $5 bin rather than wasting my money on the full price version.

And I'm not your typical Sonic Fan, either. I enjoy both the classics on the Sega Genesis and the newer games as well. Even the more niche ones, like Sonic Unleashed or the Story Book series (Rings/Knight.) Sonic '06 is just a steaming pile of crap that not even my dog would walk up to and sniff.
---
---
Chaos, mayhem, doom and destruction. THAT's where the fun is.
#133shin_mcgooPosted 12/22/2012 3:29:17 PM
It's "THE GAME" that let you down the most, people.

Mass Effect 2.

When Drew Karpyshyn stopped being lead writer, the series story went out the window. The original motives (not seen in the latter games) behind why the reapers harvest the galaxy every tens of thousands of years still intrigues me.

Then EA bought Bioware, making them turn the series into 'Gears of War plus dialogue choices' to sell more units and appeal more to the tasteless masses.
---
"I will weep when there are no more worlds to conquer."
#134Hash062Posted 12/22/2012 3:34:44 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-2. I could not finish it. I had to put it down and finally say good riddance to SE and FF... once and for all.
#135pacpuf7249Posted 12/22/2012 3:36:42 PM
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
uhhhhhhhh

Assassins Creed Revelations
Kick ass game, but didnt feel as great as the other 4 games

Pokemon White
After I played it an hour, I didnt play it for months, then I got back to it AND loved it more than other pokemon games

Zelda 2: Adventure of Link
The RPG-ness turned me off, but someday I'll get to beatng it
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#136Enix BelmontPosted 12/22/2012 3:38:05 PM
Metroid Other M, most likely. Not just a let down, IMO a terrible game.

RE6 and Ninja Gaiden 3 are runners up, both also terrible games IMO.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#137MotoidarPosted 12/22/2012 3:54:52 PM
Final Fantasy 13
---
QX9650@3.6GHz | EVGA GTX 580 | 8GB DDR2 | X-fi XtremeGamer 5.1 | 27" 3D LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
#138RevZoomPosted 12/22/2012 4:00:08 PM
SSX

---
---
GT: oO Durden Oo
Currently Playing: Crysis 2 & Dishonored
#139TheFeshPincePosted 12/22/2012 4:00:51 PM
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#140Xero KaiserPosted 12/22/2012 4:04:34 PM
Diablo 3 was the most disappointing game I've played in this or any other generation.

bluehat94 posted...
Dark Souls

After months of listening to two of my friends gush about the game, I decided to go pick it up and I had very high hopes, I ended up just not enjoying it at all, the gameplay was great, and the "figure it out it yourself" approach was interesting

How can DS be your biggest disappointment if you thought the gameplay was great? That seems odd.