This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game that let you down the most this generation?

#141MinamoPosted 12/22/2012 4:11:02 PM
Too hard to choose just one, can't even think of them all off the top of my head.

Dragon's Dogma: From the first trailer I assumed co-op. Still fun, but co-op would have been amazing

Lost Planet 2: Demo was fantastic, too bad that was the best part of the game.

SSX: Just plain sucked.

Saints Row 3: SR2 was sooo good, why did they remove everything from it?

Almost all "Warriors" games: None of them have done online co-op properly.

Splinter Cell Conviction: So bad. Removed almost everything that made Chaos Theory one of the greatest games of all time.

GTA4: Same as Splinter Cell, such a boring followup to an amazing game.

Banjo Kazooie N&B: Decent game, but I want Threeie now, please.
#142SandOnMyBootPosted 12/22/2012 4:13:38 PM
Final Fantasy XIII

Other than the graphics, I can't think of one other thing to compliment this game on. RPGs are my favorite genre of video games (JRPGs in particular), and FFXIII was, by far, the worst one I have ever played in my life.

The mere fact that Square-Enix had the gall to make not one but two direct sequels to that awful, awful game is just rubbing salt in an open wound.
#143bluehat94Posted 12/22/2012 4:18:58 PM(edited)
Xero Kaiser posted...
Diablo 3 was the most disappointing game I've played in this or any other generation.

bluehat94 posted...
Dark Souls

After months of listening to two of my friends gush about the game, I decided to go pick it up and I had very high hopes, I ended up just not enjoying it at all, the gameplay was great, and the "figure it out it yourself" approach was interesting

How can DS be your biggest disappointment if you thought the gameplay was great? That seems odd.

I meant combat.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#144SuperturkeysPosted 12/22/2012 4:21:54 PM
Banjo-Kazooie. I was considering FF13 but at least that game didn't completely trash the entire series' mechanics (although pretty close).
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#145thechaoticclownPosted 12/22/2012 4:25:45 PM
Definitely Fable 2.
I loved the original Fable ( it was my favourite Xbox game) so when i found out that they were making a sequel, I was very excited.
But when I played it, it just lost everything that made the first Fable so much fun.
#146Darthvoorhees13Posted 12/22/2012 4:30:18 PM
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Mass Effect 3
---
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"
- Dr. Gregory House (House, M.D)
#147OEIO999Posted 12/22/2012 4:31:37 PM
FFXIII
ME3
#148uwhawk09Posted 12/22/2012 4:49:18 PM
Mass Effect 3 is by far the biggest letdown of this generation

-No build-up before Reaper invasion

-No holster weapon

-No vehicles

-Dumbed down planet scanning

-Tali's face reveal ( copied and photo shopped straight from the internet)

- Previous usable characters have short cameos and non-playability

- All topped off by the worst ending in video game history

And the multiplayer got boring fast
#149EliteGuard99Posted 12/22/2012 4:50:30 PM
Halo 4, watching Halo change to the abomination it became.......was like watching Michael Jackson change from the way he was in the 80's to what he became. It was just...........why?
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#150SazukeEXPosted 12/22/2012 4:51:29 PM
Mass Effect 3. They murdered a series that had so much potential.
---
-Canon FE7 Lovers- Hector/Farina, Lyn/Rath, Eliwood/Ninian, Nino/Jaffar, Barte/Karla, Priscilla/Erk, Wil/Rebecca, Pent/Louise, Raven/Lucius, Legault/Isadora