This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game that let you down the most this generation?

#21hulkhogan1Posted 12/22/2012 2:00:38 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
Easy, Resident Evil 6. I'm a huge long time fan of the series. I even loved the change up that 4 & 5 made but 6 was a train wreck and an insult to the series and was a poor game anyway even if you ignore the RE title.

I haven't played RE6, but RE5 seemed pretty disappointing compared to RE4. But similar to my last post, I didn't really get too far into it, so maybe the game got better as it went along. I might give it another chance at some point.
#22Mr_FeeshPosted 12/22/2012 2:18:07 AM
I think Mass Effect 3 is the only game where I went in with low expectations and was still blown away by how bad it was.
#23kungfuj0Posted 12/22/2012 2:28:07 AM
For me, its a tie between ME3 and Def Jam Icon.

ME3, it was all about the ending. 95% of the game was fine, not perfect, but fine. That ending just went and **** all over pretty much everything that the series ever stood for though. That is a stain that may not ever be able to be removed....a big reddish, greenish, blueish, yellowish **** stain on the collective drawers of the ME universe. (let that one marinate for a few minutes....)

As for Icon, that game was a flaming pile of poo in its own right. The series had gotten off to a good start with Vendetta, and it had a great follow-up with Fight for New York. Things were all set to keep it rolling with Icon until the bastard who was lead dog on the project go so ****ing full of himself that he decided to re-invent the wheel instead of staying true to the series' roots. And just like all jackasses who try to reinvent the wheel, he fell flat on his face, to the tune of getting his studio closed because of how bad the game was.

The only thing I hate now is that this bastard is somehow sitll alllowed to work in the games industry. I wouldn't have even hired his ass as a janitor after what he did to that series. **** you, Kudo.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#24J2006Posted 12/22/2012 2:46:15 AM
Vashel posted...
Castlevania Lords of Shadow, not saying is a bad game but I just couldn't get into it.

This.
I'm probably one of the rare few who liked the 3D Castlevanias (Lament of Innocence and especially Curse of Darkness), but I couldn't get into Lords of Shadow.
---
"You will be judged by what you succeed at, not by what you attempt."
#25JenniferTatePosted 12/22/2012 2:57:52 AM
Can't believe I'm saying this, because I didn't really have a horse in the race when it was all the rage, but Mass Effect 3. Game itself is fine. The ending doesn't bother me - if I had to say so, FF3/6's "walking down the tower" montage was the only ending I ever truly stood up and went "Aw, c'mon!" at. I was just hoping for a bit more to be done with the trilogy synching and such. It's totally a personal let down in the sense that I hoped ME3 would have given me a "best of" 1 and 2 as it all came down to the end, but a new crew and the teasing cameos weren't what I hoped for.

This is purely based on the potential I imagined for the series and story.
---
I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee
#26EarthBusterPosted 12/22/2012 3:03:10 AM
Kid Icarus Uprising on 3DS. Never waited and looked forward to a sequel so much for so long only to be let down so badly.
---
Everyday's great at your Junes!
#27Pharsti01Posted 12/22/2012 3:12:49 AM
As far as disappointments go, ill have to choose Dark Souls and Battlefield 3...

I loved Demons Souls, love it still actually, was all excited for the sequel, i swear, i spent a whole month, trying, forcing myself to like the game, just.... didnt work.

Battlefield 3.... well, im not one much for fpses, especially multiplayer ones.... with one exception, Bad Company 2.... that thing sucked my life in for a long time, only multiplayer since Counter Strike that i actually liked, out comes BF3 and i dont even know where to start in how much crap it is.
#28Leitchy117Posted 12/22/2012 3:30:53 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
For me, its a tie between ME3 and Def Jam Icon.

ME3, it was all about the ending. 95% of the game was fine, not perfect, but fine. That ending just went and **** all over pretty much everything that the series ever stood for though. That is a stain that may not ever be able to be removed....a big reddish, greenish, blueish, yellowish **** stain on the collective drawers of the ME universe. (let that one marinate for a few minutes....)

As for Icon, that game was a flaming pile of poo in its own right. The series had gotten off to a good start with Vendetta, and it had a great follow-up with Fight for New York. Things were all set to keep it rolling with Icon until the bastard who was lead dog on the project go so ****ing full of himself that he decided to re-invent the wheel instead of staying true to the series' roots. And just like all jackasses who try to reinvent the wheel, he fell flat on his face, to the tune of getting his studio closed because of how bad the game was.

The only thing I hate now is that this bastard is somehow sitll alllowed to work in the games industry. I wouldn't have even hired his ass as a janitor after what he did to that series. **** you, Kudo.

Exactly how I felt about ME3, I don't care how overhyped the endings were in terms of poorness, I just can't find the want to replay any of the games ever again :/
---
"Get out of your topic." - Eixrer
"Vuroja can only hope to be as manly as Sir Graav someday." -LucaGoers
#29Arn544Posted 12/22/2012 3:31:49 AM
Hard to say, probably diablo since FF was already ruined 10 years ago so that I knew that 13 was going to disappoint.

To see diablo go the way it did with the bad story, cheap s***ty anime style presentation was the biggest thing. Heck I don't care how old they are, the D2 cutscenes are still better than anything in D3. Also it's a game about the freaking devil, but there's not one satanic feel to the game. Supposed to be dark and evil and all we get is a cheesy cartoon.

The gameplay starts off fun, get's ruined fast with the new and terrible loot system and no permament character builds. I mean come on, on D2 I could have 5 barbarians and each one play differently, on D3 you can just change your skills, it's stupid.
#30jakerscythePosted 12/22/2012 3:37:49 AM
FFXIII.

Maybe I should have known better than to have high expectations, but this was my favorite franchise for a very long time.