This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game that let you down the most this generation?

#41YodaCrackersPosted 12/22/2012 5:02:23 AM
Saints Row 2

Being such a huge fan of open world games, I bought my Xbox 360 specifically for Saints Row back in 2006. I was immediately blown away as it was my first next gen game and my first true multiplayer game as well and I played it for many months.

Then in April 2008, GTA IV released and I was completely spoiled. Open world gaming heaven... a technical marvel. Still my favorite game this gen. When Saints Row 2 released later that year, I was still excited but I was immediately struck by how technologically inferior it was... I mean strikingly inferior. Rockstar just did everything a million times better from graphics and physics to dialogue and storytelling. Saints Row 2 felt like a bargain bin game in comparison, the straight-to-VHS GTA wannabe. And where the **** was Protect Tha Pimp?!

I can't entirely blame Volition though. I've got to blame Rockstar for making every other developer look bad with their devilishly good games!
---
My neighbor's Wi-Fi password is "password".
#42rexne1Posted 12/22/2012 5:07:16 AM
FFXIII and LA Noire.
#43forgotmypenPosted 12/22/2012 5:07:59 AM
Fallout NV.

So it had ADS and joining factions and some kind of "hardcore mode". All three were boring. The invisible boundaries and the lifeless towns. The whole map was a Nascar loop. Fallout 3 had that special something that NV lacked. NV had no soul and no significant set pieces. Hated that game and wanted to love it so much before it came out.
---
A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
#44Vivi0198Posted 12/22/2012 5:22:49 AM
Max Payne 3. I knew immediately the game would be full of fail when I seen new Max and the new setting.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#45Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/22/2012 5:27:24 AM
FFXIII and it's subsequent sequels.
#46GreatWhite20XXPosted 12/22/2012 5:30:51 AM
Final Fantasy XIII was so bad it cured me from buying every Squaresoft game.

Mass Effect 3 the ending wasnt the only thing i didnt like. Small squad of bland characters side Garrus. Everyone that came from ME2 all have bs reasons of why they cant help, and it was a real letdown. Less control in conversations..especially the ending.

Eye Of Judgement somehow i got to return it to bestbuy by flipping out.

Resident Evil and Capcom in general has this and other games heading in a direction similar to Squaresoft. Is more of the same really what we all wanna play? Those companies seem to think so.
---
PSN:TheGreatWhite288
#47MadcowdzyzePosted 12/22/2012 5:32:34 AM
Plenty of crappy games that I rented but that's why I have Gamefly so that I don't BUY these crappy games. Of all the games I BOUGHT this year(Maybe 5) I think Assassins' Creed III was the biggest letdown because I looked forward to it the most out of any of the ones I bought. The game was fun. I had a good time, but I don't feel like its storyline or glitchy gameplay did the series justice. That being said, it wasn't a BAD game, it was just the biggest disappointment for me this year.
---
can i wear your face as a mask while i do my cookie dance?
#48CBratePosted 12/22/2012 5:37:37 AM
Dragon Age 2. No need to discuss the details as it has been done ad nauseum.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#49ArcFan10000Posted 12/22/2012 5:44:06 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
FFXIII and it's subsequent sequels.

I'll tell ya the reason I hated FF13 was the ending to the game. I wont spoil it but it was pretty bad.
Tales of Graces f however was a well written story., that FF13 lacked.
---
Favs: Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad, Tales of Destiny 2, Suikoden, Final Fantasy
Playing:Tales of Vesperia on 360, Tales of Graces f
#50MasterLink2012Posted 12/22/2012 5:47:02 AM
Good question. I think that might be Sonic Colors.
So boring and so bland.. not to mention it's way too short :/ And the final boss is not as epic as the previous Sonic games.. Pff.