This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game that let you down the most this generation?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The game that let you down the most this generation?
4 years ago#41
Saints Row 2

Being such a huge fan of open world games, I bought my Xbox 360 specifically for Saints Row back in 2006. I was immediately blown away as it was my first next gen game and my first true multiplayer game as well and I played it for many months.

Then in April 2008, GTA IV released and I was completely spoiled. Open world gaming heaven... a technical marvel. Still my favorite game this gen. When Saints Row 2 released later that year, I was still excited but I was immediately struck by how technologically inferior it was... I mean strikingly inferior. Rockstar just did everything a million times better from graphics and physics to dialogue and storytelling. Saints Row 2 felt like a bargain bin game in comparison, the straight-to-VHS GTA wannabe. And where the **** was Protect Tha Pimp?!

I can't entirely blame Volition though. I've got to blame Rockstar for making every other developer look bad with their devilishly good games!
My neighbor's Wi-Fi password is "password".
4 years ago#42
FFXIII and LA Noire.
4 years ago#43
Fallout NV.

So it had ADS and joining factions and some kind of "hardcore mode". All three were boring. The invisible boundaries and the lifeless towns. The whole map was a Nascar loop. Fallout 3 had that special something that NV lacked. NV had no soul and no significant set pieces. Hated that game and wanted to love it so much before it came out.
A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
4 years ago#44
Max Payne 3. I knew immediately the game would be full of fail when I seen new Max and the new setting.
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
4 years ago#45
FFXIII and it's subsequent sequels.
4 years ago#46
Final Fantasy XIII was so bad it cured me from buying every Squaresoft game.

Mass Effect 3 the ending wasnt the only thing i didnt like. Small squad of bland characters side Garrus. Everyone that came from ME2 all have bs reasons of why they cant help, and it was a real letdown. Less control in conversations..especially the ending.

Eye Of Judgement somehow i got to return it to bestbuy by flipping out.

Resident Evil and Capcom in general has this and other games heading in a direction similar to Squaresoft. Is more of the same really what we all wanna play? Those companies seem to think so.
PSN:TheGreatWhite288
4 years ago#47
Plenty of crappy games that I rented but that's why I have Gamefly so that I don't BUY these crappy games. Of all the games I BOUGHT this year(Maybe 5) I think Assassins' Creed III was the biggest letdown because I looked forward to it the most out of any of the ones I bought. The game was fun. I had a good time, but I don't feel like its storyline or glitchy gameplay did the series justice. That being said, it wasn't a BAD game, it was just the biggest disappointment for me this year.
can i wear your face as a mask while i do my cookie dance?
4 years ago#48
Dragon Age 2. No need to discuss the details as it has been done ad nauseum.
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
4 years ago#49
Gandalf the Istari posted...
FFXIII and it's subsequent sequels.

I'll tell ya the reason I hated FF13 was the ending to the game. I wont spoil it but it was pretty bad.
Tales of Graces f however was a well written story., that FF13 lacked.
Favs: Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad, Tales of Destiny 2, Suikoden, Final Fantasy
Playing:Tales of Vesperia on 360, Tales of Graces f
4 years ago#50
Good question. I think that might be Sonic Colors.
So boring and so bland.. not to mention it's way too short :/ And the final boss is not as epic as the previous Sonic games.. Pff.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The game that let you down the most this generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived