This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you think that

#1Basic842Posted 12/23/2012 12:25:44 AM
could have reached there full protenal , but devs mess it up by not putting in the basics and your basic ideas that could have made it better.(These games could be good or bad).

Mine is Okami

Needed a difficulty settings.
#2Arucard05Posted 12/23/2012 12:30:56 AM
Far Cry 2 is the poster child for this. With a few small gameplay changes and tweaks, it could have gone from a so-so game to an amazing one.

Far Cry 3 does a lot of things to fulfill FC2's potential, but also falters in different ways.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#3SSJGrimReaperPosted 12/23/2012 12:44:36 AM
Brink

Remember that Mirror's Edge-like parkour element that they had in the game but took out and turned it into a generic FPS? Yeah...bad idea on their part.
---
http://i.imgur.com/tjOxR.gif http://i.imgur.com/cFI43.gif
http://i.imgur.com/HFkHM.gif http://i.imgur.com/acoPY.gif
#4Res5Posted 12/23/2012 1:22:25 AM
Any game with any sort of fusion system. You should know what you are getting, not having to guess and hope what you get is good enough or has good abilities/stats or whatever.

Most fusion systems force you to play guessing games or wait until it's already been done to tell you what it makes. You should KNOW what you are getting, how it was made and what it might get from the stuff being fused.

Shin Megami Tensei does it best.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#5Dragon NexusPosted 12/23/2012 7:57:56 AM
Remember that Mirror's Edge-like parkour element that they had in the game but took out and turned it into a generic FPS?

...when did they take it out? It was still in the game. And it was always supposed to be a FPS.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#6CyricsServantPosted 12/23/2012 8:12:36 AM(edited)
Dragon Nexus posted...
Remember that Mirror's Edge-like parkour element that they had in the game but took out and turned it into a generic FPS?

...when did they take it out? It was still in the game. And it was always supposed to be a FPS.

I'd call it a first person platformer. I shot maybe two people over the course of that entire game . . . I'm also pretty sure there's an achievement for beating the whole game without killing anyone . . . and it's not even worth that much because it's not that hard to accomplish.
#7glassghost0Posted 12/23/2012 8:13:07 AM
CyricsServant posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

I'd call it a first person platformer. I shot maybe two people over the course of that entire game . . . I'm also pretty sure there's an achievement for beating the whole game without killing anyone . . . and it's not even worth that much because it's not that hard to accomplish.

I don't think you're thinking about Brink
---
Signature OFF
#8CyricsServantPosted 12/23/2012 8:24:16 AM
Anyway . . . the ones that come to mind for me are:

1. Dragon Quest Swords - If they had just used to nunchuck to move forward instead of the d-pad, DQS' gameplay would have been infinitely better.

2. Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3 - Haven't coherent plots that don't fall apart at the end would have really elevated these games. Honestly, I'm shocked. I didn't expect the makers of BG and KotOR to fail so hard at something I consider them masters of.

3. Mafia 2 - The driving . . . holy hell, did that make the game boring. They need GTA4/RDR style warping between missions. I've gotten to the point in my gaming career where I just have little to no patience for big, empty, bland overworlds or cities that you're forced to travel through to get to your next objective. It's a waste of my time and it's a waste of the developer's time. Who actually enjoys this tedious bull ****?

4. Oblivion - Two things ruined this game, actually. The completely ass backwards leveling system where you have to choose skills you never use as your primaries to grow your character effectively. Depending on your choices, it can actually be easier to beat the game on lvl 1 . . . making the leveling system relatively pointless. Also, enemy/loot spawning. Enemies and loot are determined by your level and not location, which completely kills exploration. Why travel to the top of Mount Doom at lvl 3 when you're only going to find some thirteen gold pieces and a used condom for loot? Why raid that fifth dungeon when it's just going to be filled with generic corridors and imps like the last four? I'll never understand why this game was as popular as it was, because two terrible, interrelated decisions (i.e. leveling, and loot/enemy spawning) were completely botched.
#9CyricsServantPosted 12/23/2012 8:25:03 AM
glassghost0 posted...
CyricsServant posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

I don't think you're thinking about Brink

Whoops, you're right . . . I was thinking of Mirror's Edge. >_>
#10Dragon NexusPosted 12/23/2012 11:05:59 AM
Enemies and loot are determined by your level and not location, which completely kills exploration. Why travel to the top of Mount Doom at lvl 3 when you're only going to find some thirteen gold pieces and a used condom for loot? Why raid that fifth dungeon when it's just going to be filled with generic corridors and imps like the last four? I'll never understand why this game was as popular as it was, because two terrible, interrelated decisions (i.e. leveling, and loot/enemy spawning) were completely botched.

See, that's the point. The Elder Scrolls games are about exploration. Going out and climbing something because it's there. Ducking into caves just because.

I hated the levelled loot system for another reason. It made things unreal. Why am I getting attacked by bandits with glass armour on? Glass is an incredibly expensive material. And I'm not talking piecemeal, I'm talking a whole set. Telling me this company of bandits managed to best a troop of soldiers wearing it and stole it from them? Whatever.

Skyrim fixed that issue, at least.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln