This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What headphones work the best for 360?

#1psycho42069Posted 12/23/2012 10:59:58 PM
So my wife is planning to get me a set of turtle beach headphones and I was wondering a few things. First, as price is not really a determining factor (merry christmas!) should I just get the XP500s? They seem to be the best with the most features. I play a ton of online games, mostly FPS, and I want to be able to hear and talk with my team effectively. Also is there anything about the higher end models that is a major downside? I don't want to get the most expensive pair if there is really not much difference in them all or if some features are wonky or cumbersome.

Has anyone tried multiple pairs and compared. I'm just looking for pros and cons here. Thoughts? Suggestions?
---
GT: psycho42069
Disclaimer: Everything posted by this account is pure fiction, and the ramblings of a maniac. NORF!!!
#2CapwnD_Posted 12/23/2012 11:17:33 PM
Do you want the best? It's going to cost about $330. Next teir down is about $250.

I'd go with the Sennheiser PC360 headphones and the Astro Mixamp 2013 model.

Next step down is the Astro A40 (which is the miixamp 2013 + A40 headphones.

And if you want the best of the best, you would use the PC360 + Astro Mixamp (any model) and the DSS2. If you want more info on that I can explain it. That would cost about $400 total. Anything over that and you're throwing money away.
---
Rise Above
#3KneesockPosted 12/23/2012 11:38:06 PM
PRAlSE THE COMBO!
#4CapwnD_Posted 12/23/2012 11:42:57 PM
The Combo will lead us forward in life!

Seriously though the PC360 sound so good on your head. The other headphoens like all the Turtle Beach and the Astro brand all are closed back, the PC360 are open back or open air headphones. IMO it sounds much more natural, and less like you have a box on your head.

Those other headphones that give you the box head do sound great.... but IMO the open air design just sound so much better. I still have to lift my headphones occasionally just to make sure I don't have the 7.1 system on too, because it sounds so natural.

And personally I like the game sound of the DSS2 more, it's louder and fills out the PC360 headphones better. But the overall chat + game sound is better with the Mixamp.

You can do chat with just the DSS2, it would cost about a total of $100 for the DSS2+cables. But what I do is plug the DSS2 into the mixamp, and I use the Mixamp for chat and the DSS2 to process the audio.
---
Rise Above
#5TheMuffinPosted 12/23/2012 11:49:22 PM
CapwnD... What did you do to get your other account put on parole?
---
Reel_Big_Mike~ That's like asking if you want to drink regular bleach or color safe bleach. Either way, you're gonna have a bad time.
#6CapwnD_Posted 12/23/2012 11:52:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7TheMuffinPosted 12/23/2012 11:55:58 PM
lol
---
Reel_Big_Mike~ That's like asking if you want to drink regular bleach or color safe bleach. Either way, you're gonna have a bad time.
#8CapwnD_Posted 12/24/2012 12:00:39 AM
Those weren't my exact words.

He wasn't even really being as bad as he usually is, but he was trying to pick a fight. I stepped in and immediately was modded in record time. Funny he didn't want to address his own points that he raised but instead he attacked me.

Typical troll douchebag 101 in the PC dick elitist handbook. Go slumming around the console boards, but when confronted with somebody who knows his schtick, just mark the message and change the topic.
---
Rise Above
#9TheMuffinPosted 12/24/2012 12:08:22 AM
I remember getting my account suspended for telling a dude that I wished his father had physically abused his mom so he had been aborted. Mods didn't like that one either.

That was back when it was a fun place on here. When people created petitions to the mods to have my account reinstated.
---
#10CapwnD_Posted 12/24/2012 12:19:47 AM
In many ways the new "relaxed" tos is nice. In many ways it's really, really bad.

These days, You'd get modded for that but not loose any karma.
---
Rise Above