This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reason why XBL isn't free.

#41TrugamerPosted 12/24/2012 9:41:05 AM
Well yeah it has been know all along that since Halo is gods gift to gaming that MS could charge for XBL on the backs of Halo fans alone and that seems to be where they are heading next gen.
Most of the people i know myself included are sick of paying for XBL and sick of having to pay for online gaming when it's right there for free on the Sony console and really sick of having to pay for it for every member of the family that uses the console.
Especially when Sony has all the multi platform games MS has, literally the only game MS has is Halo and so they get away with it , if you can live without Halo or online gaming is just not a major big deal you can easily live without XBL.
I'm already starting to transition my online gaming buys for the PS3 so next year when XBL is up for renewal it will be easier to pass on it.
#42Marshall_LawPosted 12/24/2012 9:48:19 AM
I have owned all the consoles and they all have their own fails and falls....i will admit i never enjoyed the WII that much but it was cool,

The xbox and PS3 are equal in my eyes(now that PS+ is worth a damn)

As far as paying for XBL goes....i just renewed my sup every year at tax time no big deal. I also feel like xbox connection for multiplayer was better than PSN. That being said i do more pc gaming than anything these days
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#43jonahdoomPosted 12/24/2012 9:48:43 AM
It's topics like this that make me hate being a Xbox man....
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#44granasaberxPosted 12/24/2012 9:49:51 AM
I use the free PSN since I only need to pay netflix if i want to use netflix. Live requires you to have gold in order to use netflix and that's bull. I don't like being double charged.
---
Capcom free since 2010! Still going strong!
#45SaintZetsuPosted 12/24/2012 9:52:47 AM
jonahdoom posted...

You should hate being an Xbox man just because you are one.
---
Yes, I am a squirrel gamer, yes I love videogames, no you can't have my number or take my nuts.
#46jonahdoomPosted 12/24/2012 9:55:57 AM
SaintZetsu posted...
jonahdoom posted...

You should hate being an Xbox man just because you are one.

Okay?
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#47maximumbarmagePosted 12/24/2012 9:59:05 AM
No, but Microsoft made a Halo killer in Halo 4.

Killed that franchise's credibility stone dead.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#48Jammer196Posted 12/24/2012 10:08:38 AM
Just move on, this guy is just trying to start a war. He's good at it too, because i'm tempted to fight. *cough*Uncharted*cough*
---
R.I.P. Insomniac Games
#49zzamaroPosted 12/24/2012 10:23:30 AM
ThePowerOf140 posted...
Microsoft can technically justify their charging for XBL, given that their servers are much more secure than either Sony or Nintendo's.

It's unlikely that MS will ever have the problem that Sony faced with the mass account hacks.

Yeah...right:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=23483
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#50TrickyPonyPosted 12/24/2012 10:24:03 AM
triple s posted...
kidwgm posted...
triple s posted...
It's not free because they have millions of subscribers that are willing(or forced) to pay for it...

People are forced to pay for something? lol No.

If you want to play online on the 360, you have no choice...

Key word "want"

Want =/= forced