This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reason why XBL isn't free.

#71godplaysSNESPosted 12/24/2012 3:11:21 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
DragoonAnger posted...
Geist posted...
It's 60$ people, that's hardly worth ten plus years of crying. Get over it already.

This. I made that much in three hours at my summer job.

You wouldn't have to work at all to play online on the PS3 and PC however.

60 USD for online play is very expensive when you get it for free on the competitors' machines

It's not always about lack of money and such. I won't buy a turd no matter how "cheap" it is

First you say $60 is expensive, then you say it's cheap. Stick to one arguement, buddy.

So what if they charge me $60, at least I don't get D/Ced as much as I did on the PS3.

I never said Xbox Live was cheap.

Since the guy I quoted thought it was cheap though, I simply wanted to do a comparison with buying a "cheap"(quotation marks to indicate that some people may not think it's cheap) turd
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#72HENTAIDOJI(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 3:36:31 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
DividerByZero posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
No point being free if there's no Halo killer.

No point being free even if there is a Halo killer.

And there is, btw . . . it's called CoD.

Which is better on 360 in every aspect.

Except that you have to pay to play online as opposed to free on the PS3. I'll take free online for primarily multiplayer games over slightly better graphics anyday

Besides, if the 360 guys were so much in love with the slightly better graphics, they'd go for the superior graphics on the PC instead(and online).

Can't get Halo 3-4 on PC. No Halo killers on PC.

Back to square 1.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#73FoxtrotDelta88Posted 12/24/2012 3:53:18 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Back to square 1.

Unless you don't like Halo. I'm not a huge fan of Halo, so, in my opinion, there are a TON of other games better than Halo. You can't exactly use the "No Halo Killers" argument for every system since not everyone like Halo
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#74JoeyFNKPosted 12/24/2012 5:02:40 PM
triple s posted...
It's not free because they have millions of subscribers that are willing(or forced) to pay for it...

Who is forced?
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham City, Transformers: War for Cybertron
#75godplaysSNESPosted 12/24/2012 5:09:55 PM
JoeyFNK posted...
triple s posted...
It's not free because they have millions of subscribers that are willing(or forced) to pay for it...

Who is forced?

The better word to use in this context is ultimatum
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#76EvilCactusPosted 12/24/2012 6:37:42 PM
hotgamer90 posted...

But since we are talking about PC games, let's bring MMO's into this. Anyone who knows a thing about MMO's know that once a game goes free to play, its more or less the kiss of death for that system and quality drops immensely. The number of servers suddenly drop down, its hard to get customer support when something technical happens, and any enhancements that would have benefited the game are just not up to par, come out at a slower pace than needed, or just never come out at all.

This is wrong. Many persistent online games opt to go with a subscription-less business model and are able to sustain themselves while releasing content at steady intervals. The reason for this is that the subscription-only model for persistent online games is mostly dead. Only World of Warcraft is able to easily sustain itself through subscriptions only, due to its massive player base. Other online games are finding it difficult to ask customers to commit to long-term subscriptions, especially if they're already paying for WoW. As a result, these online games are unable to bring in a stable population. The free-to-play or buy-to-play has allowed many persistent online games to prosper players are able to try out these games with no or little monetary commitment. As such, the populations remain high, which means that paying players are more likely to open their wallets and support the development of ongoing content. League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, Lord of the Rings Online, etc are examples of persistent online games that have succeeded without a subscription-only model. The Old Republic failed because EA thought that an uninspired WoW clone in this day and age could still being in WoW revenue. And the free-to-play version is failing because EA is incompetent and has no idea how to run a free-to-play game.
---
sig here
#77TheArcadePosted 12/25/2012 10:59:55 AM
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Back to square 1.

Unless you don't like Halo. I'm not a huge fan of Halo, so, in my opinion, there are a TON of other games better than Halo. You can't exactly use the "No Halo Killers" argument for every system since not everyone like Halo

I wonder if there are any exclusive PC FPS to outsell the XB 360 Halo titles.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#78TSROCKSPosted 12/28/2012 1:16:07 PM
ThePowerOf140 posted...
Microsoft can technically justify their charging for XBL, given that their servers are much more secure than either Sony or Nintendo's.

It's unlikely that MS will ever have the problem that Sony faced with the mass account hacks.

My Live account was hacked before. /argument
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Alex898
#79Spartangod777Posted 12/28/2012 1:22:31 PM
TSROCKS posted...
ThePowerOf140 posted...
Microsoft can technically justify their charging for XBL, given that their servers are much more secure than either Sony or Nintendo's.

It's unlikely that MS will ever have the problem that Sony faced with the mass account hacks.

My Live account was hacked before. /argument

"hacked"

Nah, you just shouldn't have made your password so simple. And the same one for all of your accounts. Or maybe that nigerian prince really wasn't handing out free MS Points.
---
Nothing important to say here.
#80CapwnDPosted 12/28/2012 1:29:29 PM
nintendo and sony offer the same thing for free

Except no, it's not the same thing.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed