This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 worst year in gaming?

#1popping4itPosted 12/25/2012 8:57:24 AM
a year highlighted with underwhelming sequels and that pre-year next gen console launch lull.

heres hoping to see 2013 is much better.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#2superweskerPosted 12/25/2012 8:59:31 AM
Agreed. There really wasnt much i cared for this year. Halo 4 was great, Max Payne 3 was great and Double Dragon Neon was amazing.

2013 is starting off phenomenal and looks to keep steam all the way through to April.

Ill be starting off with Anarchy Reigns in a couple weeks!!!!
---
"Japan is also a country where you can buy period blood stained/poop stained panties in vending machines"-zidane15.....GT: crazydaygo
#3bluehat94Posted 12/25/2012 9:01:46 AM
Far from it.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#4dkgamerPosted 12/25/2012 9:03:07 AM(edited)
It seems to have been the year of the greedy publisher :P Quite a few games that I was hyped for were disappointing this year too. But there were quite a few really good games this year, and a few surprises too. Looking forward to seeing what new titles pop up next year, also looking forward to seeing what the Wii U can do and maybe some details on the next gen xbox and playstation consoles.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#5Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/25/2012 9:04:26 AM
Thought there were quite a few great games released this year and next year seems like it will be even better. I'm expecting the first year or two of the new consoles to be the worst lull.
#6pothocketPosted 12/25/2012 9:11:06 AM
Wow, not even close to the worst year in gaming.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#7PStrifePosted 12/25/2012 9:17:02 AM
One of the worst years of present gen console gaming, with all the gimping and online passes and increased DRM crap all over the place. That is why companies like EA have been bleeding money, not the tiresome " this gen has been going on for too long" excuse.

Publishers don't even understand that they are not entitled to sales just for making something, you have to sell a product to someone. Not assume it is a type of birthright to make a sale.
#8glyde69Posted 12/25/2012 9:21:31 AM
Yea, it was pretty brutal. Worst in recent history, IMO.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#9BeastLeeAdamsPosted 12/25/2012 9:23:13 AM
I like sequels as long as it apart of a trilogy or a series. Games that do not deserve a sequel is what was annoying. Like Resident Evil 6. That story was completely pointless.
#10Deathx113Posted 12/25/2012 9:24:28 AM
I thought it was a good year, but I think every year is good.

You're just getting tired of seeing the same things. Nothing this year is really much better than last year and so on. The first few years of a consoles life are the most thrilling, if you will.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"